« on: 14 January 2018, 01:19:06 PM »
Thanks for this opportunity Stef please see comments below
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
I would like this as I have problems being on line at times.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
I do most of my playing against bots. I normally do 2 player and I find Lord Rattington very limited. In particular when he is using Apothecary or Counterfeit, he will pursue those cards against any rationality and the game is always an easy win.
I would like to have a range of different bots with different characteristics, some obvious and some random a bit like the opponents in Sid Meir’s Civilization.
3. A strong bot.
Being able to calibrate the strength of the bot would be helpful, again see ref to civilisation above.
4. Options for timed games
Could be interesting could be done like a chess tournament match with an on screen clock. You could agree with your opponent time to look at cards at the beginning and then an overall time for the game divided by 2
5. Options for undo settings
I don’t really like undo, it’s ok with bots but then the temptation is to go back and back to create the ultimate right game. With live opponents it creates a potential for conflict, again before a game the players could agree for undo to be on/off. You could also get a max of one or two asks per game.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Could be fun
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Not specifically bothered.
8. More translations (to what language?)
Won’t help me except it might increase interaction with players who are not English speakers.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/…
I don’t like the current animation, the swirling of the cards makes me feel slightly nauseated and it puts me off 4 player games which I used to play all the time under the MF system. The four player system is far too crowded.
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
Split piles yes, so that you had an explanation when you put the cursor over it.
Also here’s an idea, not in line with the rules but why not shuffle the split pile.
10. Option to hide the log
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
I probably wouldn’t use it, the screen is too small
13. Downloadable game logs
Can’t see the point.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, …)
Yes. There should be an easily visible report button
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
Could it include a brief on each expansion and the philosophy behind it.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to feedback and I appreciate your sensitivity to those of us who used to be MF clients.
Couple of other things.
I really don’t like the layout in Familiar Cards. Could it not also encompass the other features that have come in with recent expansions.
Also could there be options so that we draw from certain sets so eg that you could have a game using basic, intrigue and nocturne as an option?