« on: 09 January 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
I don't care about this in the slightest. Others do, but I do not.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
If this is the only way to make the most competitive Dominion Bot, then yes.
3. A strong bot.
There was talk about giving users the API so they could write their own bots. Is this still on the table?
4. Options for timed games
Blitz mode would be fantastic.
5. Options for undo settings
Convenient, not super high on my priorities.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Hey, this is a neat idea. Yeah, put it closer towards the top.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
As long as it isn't obnoxious and pops up on the corner rather than up front where someone might click on it by accident.
8. More translations (to what language?)
Don't have the knowledge to answer this one with any authority.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
The biggest priority besides maybe AI. If the game looks great, more people will come.
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
Right below AI as very important and probably a lot easier to do than AI, so heck I'd do this before the AI anyways. Also very important.
10. Option to hide the log
Only when the game can be played entirely without the log. There should be an icon when chat goes off of course, and I will be using the log anyways because I like the log.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
Don't really care.
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
13. Downloadable game logs
Let's throw in a better game replay interface with this too. I would love to be able to visually scroll through the game with a bar with the animations flying around as fast as I scroll it, with each beginning of Turn marked with a colored bar signifying who was which player. I could stop somewhere at any point, play from there with a bot (maybe another user is an option but this isn't as important) or maybe with myself. This is very important to me. I would love to have this option to analyze matches while streaming/recording, or for personal viewing. I would love to try out alternate strategies at a certain point instead of straight up from the beginning.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
I never run into these problems, and it seems to be almost entirely on the lower levels.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
Important for new players, I think.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
Mainly going through the stuff that isn't instantly obvious, like how autoplay works and the chat commands.
A couple things I would add: Making sure the system can never be gamed. People have been playing fixed boards with certain cards on a table with the rating on, and have gotten into the Top 10 in this fashion. Could you make it possible to never be able to have rating on if there is more than a single card as a required card? The single card isn't an offender, it would be more than a single card. I would say never make rated matches possible at all on a created table but that leads to annoying complications.
Avatars: Yeah it's one more thing to moderate, but I would love to have an avatar I could upload. Maybe this is a safety thing with parents and kids, so maybe you can turn this feature off with parental mode.