« on: 15 January 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
I'm honestly not interested at this point in playing campaigns against bots. I very much like engaging another person.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.
4. Options for timed games
Intriguing. If this was implemented, I'd like the option of a "fast turn" timer rather than a "fast game" timer. Encouraging fast (if perhaps suboptimal) play offers a good challenge in the early game and helps keep things moving/end the game quickly. Smooth, rapid cycling through games is one of the aspects I like most about the current implementation.
5. Options for undo settings
I'd like to see a "auto undo approval" for non "+ x card" or "look at" abilities as misclicks are often and would be magnified with the above "fast turn" play mode, if enabled.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Sounds interesting. I could see this helping to get some of my friends to play (who don't currently) but only if subscriptions were only necessary for one player at the table. Otherwise I don't see them getting into the online implementation.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Yes, it's very frustrating right now to try and set up tables when two (or more) specific people are trying to get a game together.
8. More translations (to what language?)
I'm a stupid American who only speaks English fluently, so this wouldn't provide me any real benefit.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
I'd most likely end up turning them off.
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
I think anything that helps better (faster/easier/clearer) visualize the game state is a worthwhile endeavor. Some of the mixed effects right now that require clicking on a small line in the game log vs. having a pop up to the right side is annoying, more so because of the inconsistency. The pop up buttons (e.g. Courtier) are clear and obvious so if you can implement them across the board for all cards (e.g. duration cards), that would be awesome.
10. Option to hide the log
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
I'm an iOS user.
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
I'd be very interested to see how well this could work on an iPhone 7 screen. I'm concerned it'd be very crowded, but maybe it's doable.
13. Downloadable game logs
I could see me getting interested in this but it's not a huge priority to me.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
Chat abuse is something I've been lucky enough to not have to deal with very much (<5 times I think in hundreds of games), but that's pretty much an auto-ban for me if someone doesn't have the basic decency to be civil. I will state that it may be worthwhile to have some clearly called out "table etiquette" guidelines as I found out that apparently I'm occasionally making a faux pas without intent. Specifically, at least according to one decently ranked opponent (60+) I played, it's rude to admit almost certain defeat via "gg" but continue to play out the game.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
I don't need it.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
I don't need it.