« on: 14 January 2018, 01:20:50 AM »
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots - I have no interest.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles - I only play human opponents.
3. A strong bot. - I only play human opponents
4. Options for timed games - I think this is definitely something that would be useful. "speed Dominion" is very intriguing to me and something that I would definitely try out if available.
5. Options for undo settings - I always accept undo requests, but I do like to know that they are happening so I would not want to set up an "auto-undo" that never asks me to accept from my opponent.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends. - Very useful, especially if there is a specific "tournament mode" that perhaps is more stringent with its options and has special features. For example - no undo allowed; never able to see spectator chat; set a format for 1st player over the course of X games (ABBAAB, ABABAB, etc..); automatically create brackets/round robin pools that track winners inside the client.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table - Yes. This would be amazing and make it so much easier to set up games. A corollary to this is to make "locked tables" that only allow friends to join.
8. More translations (to what language?) - I do not need more translations, but potentially a notification that your opponent is using a different language version just so you know in the event that you are trying to communicate with your opponent you will know if they speak the same language as you.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/... - I don't really care about the animations as long as it is clear to you and your opponent exactly what you are doing.
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ... - or about the visualizations as long as it is clear to you and your opponent exactly what you are doing.
10. Option to hide the log - I think this fits into a "tournament mode" option. I think that this would be a good thing to include with that if someone wants to run a tournament without logs visible.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?) - I am not too excited about this since I don't see myself utilizing it.
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?) - I only have android devices.
13. Downloadable game logs - Yes. The way I learned to play dominion better was to play games and post game logs and read "game reports" on f.ds. Sure, twitch, youtube, and discord are also important these days, but being able to look at a log of a game that you have played is very beneficial.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...) - I think a blacklist is sufficient.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion - Yes. I wouldn't use it since I know how to play, but a good online tutorial is one of the best ways to learn a game, and if that tutorial is anywhere it should be in the client.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online. - I think this is important. Some things are very intuitive, but others are not. I think the best way to do this is a drop down menu of sorts with different "how to" options. how to...undo, play multi-stage cards (thinking hamlet as an example), etc. Just a standard list of how to do different things within the client.