Abandoned tables

Previous topic - Next topic

MynameisInigoMontoya

Can you timeout tables that have not started within 10 minutes? Annoying trying to find a game when table owner does not want to start playing. Would make it easier to find a table where person actually wants to play.

Ranna156

i second this. I have yet to be able to play by hitting 'join table'. If i start a table it doesn't seem like anyone ever joins. When i join everyone just sits there forever doing nothing.

Furthermore the whole table setup is probably the thing i am most frustrated with in this new way of playing. Easy and user friendly way of playing should be a TOP PRIORITY for 2017.

And i don't want to try the whole - add friends to get them to join your table. Seems like a lot of ridiculous work to play a game. I like 3 player games with real people. This should be quite simple to accomplish, but this is the absolute worst interface i have ever encountered in online game playing. I started playing dominion online back when it was GOKO running things, but i have to say...if this is the mess i encountered as a new person i wouldn't even bother...hell i can't even bother because as i said above, i have yet to join a game with real people who want to play and no one seems to join my tables. Might be because that screen jumps around constantly and you can't even look at a table you might want to join for like more than a second before it moves or something.

Stef

Sorry we certainly still have a lot of improvements to make on the table lists.

For now the easiest way to get in a real match is to use the automatcher on the leftmost tab.

Ranna156

Quote from: Stef on 03 January 2017, 06:06:15 AM
Sorry we certainly still have a lot of improvements to make on the table lists.

For now the easiest way to get in a real match is to use the automatcher on the leftmost tab.

Thanks Stef. I know you guys are working hard, but this is very frustrating to those of us who have been playing for awhile. Also, especially for someone like me who likes 3 player games. 2 player is boring (and that is what you get using the automatcher/good matcher). Playing with bots is usually really boring as well and can be frustrating if you are trying to test out cards you aren't familiar with.

I guess we all need to just be patient with each other.

When you do fix your table situation i have a few suggestions:

* Give the host/table the ability to boot other players if they are being rude or not playing and substitute with a bot. They can rejoin up to say 2 times in the case that they were having computer issues but if they get booted 3 times they cannot rejoin and/or replace the bot.

* Incorporate a way to block people from your games. There are a lot of rude people who play this game.

* Also you mentioned in another thread that >2 player games won't be rated...i find that disappointing as i always like to keep track of my rating (just to see if i am improving or set goals for myself) and i also finds it helps to prevent people resigning in a 3 player game before it is over. It isn't so much that i like to climb leader boards...don't really care about that, but having a decent way to gauge who you want to play with/against sure helps eliminate beginners, leavers, etc. You might consider checking out Pogo.com (they are managed by EA games I believe) and going into one of their free games (bridge is one of them) and see how they set up their tables and ranking system. Granted that isn't a perfect system either but maybe it will give you some ideas.