More questions and feedback/criticism :)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna156

I know that there is still a lot of work that needs to be done but here are some of my grievances (and yes some are nitpicky and low priority compared to a lot of other items I have seen posted around this forum)...and questions.

• The scoreboard could use some work. Like maybe some subtotals especially for cards like the gardens etc.
  • The option of having Colonies checked YES does not work. Apparently if you have a prosperity card you might get it to give you colonies...but having the RANDOM vs NO vs YES indicates that if you check YES you should have Colonies. Is this going to be fixed? I recently just added the empires and it is hard to play and learn the cards if the bots just buy up everything super-fast.
  • Which brings me to probably my biggest grievance and I will take up the next few bullets talking about it...the tables. This site seems like it is designed for 2 player specifically. I prefer 3 since it takes a little longer, but not too long.
  • The Match area should be designed to be able to play with more than one real player.
  • The Match area, create table, and tables should also probably be in one tab. You have to jump all around and still you are not even guaranteed to get people at your table because the Tables tab is the absolute worst. It jumps around all the time. People just hang out in empty tables. There are some tables you can't even join because it is post game...yet they still show up there.
  • It seems to me that there should be a lobby of some sort where you can invite players to sit at your table...and they should be able to find it easily.
  • The whole friends area is confusing. What is the point? The ? icons don't seem to do anything. There is no lobby. There is no profile section. So really, what is the intention of the whole friends area? Also, you should add a search function so that we can see if any of the regulars we used to play with are around here yet.
  • The familiar cards? Shouldn't that be located somewhere either under options or a profile if you had one available to update? Again, not sure i understand the whole function of that either...but then i just check 'don't respect it' not that i think that actually makes a difference since i can't seem to ever get a three player game going anyway.
  • The preferred background should have a picture or something that will pop up so you can see what you are choosing.
Now for some questions i have:

- Will we ever be able to save a deck?
- Will we ever be able to save standard options?
- Will we ever be able to set random deck but with more % chance of X Y Z decks and less of A B C...
- Will we ever be able to set 2 random events and 2 random landmarks?

EDIT: Will the original base cards that were replaced in V2 (or whatever it was) ever be available again to play with?

Philip

Quote from: Ranna156 on 04 January 2017, 10:56:35 AM

• The option of having Colonies checked YES does not work. Apparently if you have a prosperity card you might get it to give you colonies...but having the RANDOM vs NO vs YES indicates that if you check YES you should have Colonies. Is this going to be fixed? I recently just added the empires and it is hard to play and learn the cards if the bots just buy up everything super-fast.

This is fixed as of 1.0.3.6, which appeared around 0:15 UTC+1 today. Are you still having trouble with it?

• Which brings me to probably my biggest grievance and I will take up the next few bullets talking about it...the tables. This site seems like it is designed for 2 player specifically. I prefer 3 since it takes a little longer, but not too long.
  • The Match area should be designed to be able to play with more than one real player.
  • The Match area, create table, and tables should also probably be in one tab. You have to jump all around and still you are not even guaranteed to get people at your table because the Tables tab is the absolute worst. It jumps around all the time. People just hang out in empty tables. There are some tables you can't even join because it is post game...yet they still show up there.
  • It seems to me that there should be a lobby of some sort where you can invite players to sit at your table...and they should be able to find it easily.
  • The whole friends area is confusing. What is the point? The ? icons don't seem to do anything. There is no lobby. There is no profile section. So really, what is the intention of the whole friends area? Also, you should add a search function so that we can see if any of the regulars we used to play with are around here yet.
  • The familiar cards? Shouldn't that be located somewhere either under options or a profile if you had one available to update? Again, not sure i understand the whole function of that either...but then i just check 'don't respect it' not that i think that actually makes a difference since i can't seem to ever get a three player game going anyway.
  • The preferred background should have a picture or something that will pop up so you can see what you are choosing.

A lot of these will be worked on. There's currently a bug with ghost tables appearing in the list, and bot games against non-friends probably shouldn't be appearing in the list either. Ultimately the list should show what any given user is most likely to be interested in rather than just everything that's running.

- Will we ever be able to save a deck?
- Will we ever be able to save standard options?
- Will we ever be able to set random deck but with more % chance of X Y Z decks and less of A B C...
- Will we ever be able to set 2 random events and 2 random landmarks?

Yes to the first two, and probably to the other two.

Ranna156

Quote from: Philip on 04 January 2017, 11:15:16 AM

This is fixed as of 1.0.3.6, which appeared around 0:15 UTC+1 today. Are you still having trouble with it?

Earlier it seemed like it was working and then i had issues with it again. Actually even posted somewhere...probably in the Platinum's thread that it was fixed, but then I had issues with it again and so deleted my comment. I just tried it a couple of times and it seems to be working now. Thanks!