Offline Play "Promise"?

Previous topic - Next topic

marksim

When originally announced of f.ds, ShuffleIt said they would provide the ability to either get a subscription for a year or the offline play depending on what an end user wanted.

I know offline play was a priority at one point, but it appears that the idea of owning certain expansions for offline, indefinite use is not in the cards now?  I really wanted to use my previous 'ownership' of the game -- which I paid about $90 for -- as an indefinite ownership.  I would have happily purchased a $3/month subscription for as long as I was enjoying the product.

Are there plans for this?

Or is there a way to redeem this instead of the subscription?

JW

The developers have said that the offline only mode is in progress and should be available later in 2017, at which point you can transfer your purchases from Making Fun / resulting 1-year online subscription over.

Quote from: Philip on 01 January 2017, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: Linda B on 01 January 2017, 02:48:48 PM
(1) Do we get a choice of one or the other or do those of us who had bought items on MF get both the compensating sub we have now AND free play offline (forever?).

(2) If the first (we only get one or the other) does using the online version now make it so we won't be able to choose the offline version?

It's the first, and using the online version now doesn't mean you can't choose later.

marksim

My understanding is this:

1) I can sign up through the link I got in my e-mail, play online free for 1 year

AND

2) When offline mode comes later in 2017, the sets I purchased through MF will be tranferred.

IF so, FANTASTIC!

Philip

Quote from: marksim on 05 January 2017, 03:38:17 PM
My understanding is this:

1) I can sign up through the link I got in my e-mail, play online free for 1 year

AND

2) When offline mode comes later in 2017, the sets I purchased through MF will be tranferred.

IF so, FANTASTIC!

If you choose to transfer to offline, your free year of online will stop at that point, but other than that, yes, you can play online until the offline product comes out without it affecting your ability to choose.