Hard to see, please allow the user to slow things down

Previous topic - Next topic

Technohippy

I am visually handicapped I I find your new version very hard to see.

It does not seems possible at this time to slow things down so I can follow them. I hope you will add that option soon. Without it the games is very frustrating. If there is a way to do this please let me know how.

Also, when my opponent buys cards they are put in his hand upside down. Between this and the speed at which things happen it makes it impossible for me to follow. I know I can read the log file, but I have to do it after every turn to follow what is going on.

Games end very abruptly. Since I cannot follow the opponents moves. I am playing and then immediately thrust into a screen showing the results of the game. I find this very disconcerting.

Thanks

Ranna156

i think it figures there is no way for someone else to win so sometimes it will cut straight to the scoreboard. I agree it is frustrating because i like to actually see the last victory card bought or 3 piles go out etc. At least that is what i think it is doing...who knows though for sure.

jsh

Quote from: Ranna156 on 05 January 2017, 03:45:01 AM
i think it figures there is no way for someone else to win so sometimes it will cut straight to the scoreboard. I agree it is frustrating because i like to actually see the last victory card bought or 3 piles go out etc. At least that is what i think it is doing...who knows though for sure.

The game doesn't end prematurely. What is probably happening is that your opponent is playing with "wait for animations" off and thus finishes their turn before you finish seeing animations.

Speed options are planned, which should help.

MVoltaire

Quote from: jsh on 05 January 2017, 04:14:58 AM

The game doesn't end prematurely. What is probably happening is that your opponent is playing with "wait for animations" off and thus finishes their turn before you finish seeing animations.

Does the bot also play with "wait for animations" off? Because there it happens as well. Also: shouldn't I see the animations even if my opponent doesn't?

jsh

Quote from: MVoltaire on 05 January 2017, 08:48:19 AM
Quote from: jsh on 05 January 2017, 04:14:58 AM

Does the bot also play with "wait for animations" off? Because there it happens as well. Also: shouldn't I see the animations even if my opponent doesn't?

I am pretty sure bots don't care about animations, lol. As for whether things will be later smoothed out in bot games or when people have different settings, I can't speak for that but would assume so.

MVoltaire

Haha, I would guess so, too.  :D It was a way of saying it also happens in bot games where the only relevant animation settings should be mine.  :)

Technohippy

I checked and my animations are turned on.

Once again, please give the user the option to slow down the action.

Also, please do not have cards upside down on the screen. It only makes them harder to see.

Thanks

ffejselur

Here's the real answer: it takes milliseconds for the computer to take a turn; animations take much longer; it's programmed so that as soon as the game ends all animations cease and they immediately cut to the game summary screen so you never see the animations of the final turn. I'm not thrilled with it either. I read somewhere where the option to regulate animation speed is something they will add in the future (but is one of the many things they haven't gotten to yet). As far as the upside down cards are concerned, it appears they are attempting to go to great lengths to try and simulate a real life table experience. If you were actually sitting across from someone playing IRL the top card of their discard pile would appear right-side up to them and upside down to you. I'm sure that's why it does that. I hope for your sake they have some option to adjust that someday. Good luck.

Ranna156

Quote from: ffejselur on 06 January 2017, 02:43:29 AM
Here's the real answer: it takes milliseconds for the computer to take a turn; animations take much longer; it's programmed so that as soon as the game ends all animations cease and they immediately cut to the game summary screen so you never see the animations of the final turn. I'm not thrilled with it either. I read somewhere where the option to regulate animation speed is something they will add in the future (but is one of the many things they haven't gotten to yet). As far as the upside down cards are concerned, it appears they are attempting to go to great lengths to try and simulate a real life table experience. If you were actually sitting across from someone playing IRL the top card of their discard pile would appear right-side up to them and upside down to you. I'm sure that's why it does that. I hope for your sake they have some option to adjust that someday. Good luck.

Thanks. All my experiences of this were with bots and it is definitely disconcerting when it happens unexpectedly.