Counterfeit + Coin of the Realm

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang255

When counterfeiting a CotR, it seemingly adds 2 to my tavern mat, whereas I'd expect it to not have any (or maybe this is a lose track thing, and it isn't trashed? Even then, I'd expect to see it only once on the tavern mat).

Also, to clarify, by tavern mat, i mean the blue text at the bottom of the log.

gkrieg

Quote from: mustang255 on 05 January 2017, 03:52:52 AM
When counterfeiting a CotR, it seemingly adds 2 to my tavern mat, whereas I'd expect it to not have any (or maybe this is a lose track thing, and it isn't trashed? Even then, I'd expect to see it only once on the tavern mat).

Also, to clarify, by tavern mat, i mean the blue text at the bottom of the log.

It should appear on your tavern mat once.  The lose track rule applies and it can't be trashed.

drsteelhammer

You're right, Counterfeit loses track of the coin just like Procession does with Reserve action cards.

However there is indeed a visual bug here, it looks like there are 2 Coins on the mat, but the second disappears when calling one of them.

EarlS

I had the same thing happen to me, but it wasn't just a visual bug. I only had one CoTR in my deck (it was a Black Market purchase), and I was able to build up an invisible reserve of them on my mat by counterfeiting every turn. I was then able to use the imaginary CoTRs, even when I had my real one in my hand. It was a whole new level of counterfeit.