Some more things from Adam

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

1. When an opponent plays Sentry, an empty window shows up on the screen for me, like a small gray box. I don't know what it's supposed to be.

2. In a 3P Masquerade game, the point counter updates which gives me information about cards passed that I shouldn't have. Point counter should always be disabled in Masquerade games with more than 2 players.

3. The Hamlet interface. It's really, really awful. Why are there three different buttons for "discard for action" "discard for buy" and "discard for both"? Why, when I discard for an Action am I not allowed to discard for a buy afterward? Like, it's really, really not-intuitive and it's way worse than Making Fun's interface.

I realize that no current published Dominion card can theoretically make you want to change your mind about whether you want to discard for a buy after seeing what happens when you discard for an Action, but discarding for Action and Buy is NOT an atomic action. At worst it's bad software design that will make potential future card interactions broken (meaning that it's a bug), but at best it's confusing to new players who read the card and then don't know why they're being asked for two decisions at once when the card doesn't say to do that.

AdamH

There really should be a way to change preferences/options in the middle of a game.

gkrieg

Quote from: AdamH on 05 January 2017, 04:32:49 AM
1. When an opponent plays Sentry, an empty window shows up on the screen for me, like a small gray box. I don't know what it's supposed to be.

I know they are planning on putting the backs of the cards in that box eventually, but that they haven't gotten to that yet.

blueblimp

The Hamlet thing is actually a rules bug too. I posted about it in the other forum: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1066.0

AdamH

Quote from: gkrieg on 05 January 2017, 08:46:45 PM
Quote from: AdamH on 05 January 2017, 04:32:49 AM

I know they are planning on putting the backs of the cards in that box eventually, but that they haven't gotten to that yet.

That's awesome. Why is there a box, then? This software has been released, people are supposed to be using it. Why would you put an unfinished feature in your release? The box needs to go until the feature is actually done being implemented.

That goes for a ton of other UI-related things that just don't make sense because they aren't finished yet.

Witherweaver

I like the Hamlet implementation and the other choices like that.  However, if you want to discard both and the order matters, I agree with what blueblimp posted.  If that inequivalence wasn't there, I'd prefer this to how MF/Goko had it.