Feature Request: Show each players kingdom at the end of the game

Previous topic - Next topic

nanasubways

The title says it all. Currently there is no way to see the total of cards any player has bought.
I'd like to improve my game, but that's difficult if I can't see in the end which strategies worked, and which didn't.

Ingix

I second that. Sometimes you just wonder how the opponent did what you saw him doing, and if you are a new player, you have enough to do keeping up with what you have to do during the game. If you see that he ended the game with 5 of the card that you sought was unplayable, or with only 2 copper, you have at least the chance to learn something instead of justb asking yourself "how could he play 20 actions in one turn".

gkrieg

Quote from: nanasubways on 05 January 2017, 11:22:08 AM
The title says it all. Currently there is no way to see the total of cards any player has bought.
I'd like to improve my game, but that's difficult if I can't see in the end which strategies worked, and which didn't.

I know you will be able to look at game logs soon.

Ingix

The point is that condensed information (each players deck at end of game) is a first step at understanding what happened. The "game over" screen already gives a part of that understanding by showing how the victory point totals were reached. Showing the players' end deck would add a considerable amount of information, at an (as perceived by me) small cost: The player's deck is already known and analyzed (for point totals), should be showable as text at this point.

In the long run, a replay of any past game, with all information visible, would of course be a very nice thing to have, but at the moment that seems far off.

ElisabetK

I'd just like to add that it would be nice to see the last turn instead of being dumped unceremoniously into the scoring spreadsheet.

Also, I'd like to see what victory condition was met - some message about whether it was emptying the Province pile or three empty supply piles. That's very important to people learning the game.

It would also be useful to be able to replay the same kingdom, as that's a good way to try out different strategies, especially for those new to the game.

gkrieg

Quote from: ElisabetK on 06 January 2017, 08:55:08 PM
I'd just like to add that it would be nice to see the last turn instead of being dumped unceremoniously into the scoring spreadsheet.

Also, I'd like to see what victory condition was met - some message about whether it was emptying the Province pile or three empty supply piles. That's very important to people learning the game.

It would also be useful to be able to replay the same kingdom, as that's a good way to try out different strategies, especially for those new to the game.

I know at one point they even wanted to let you play a game from a certain point in the log.  That way you can see if a different decision would've changed the outcome of the game.