Solo Play (the old Campagn Mode)

Previous topic - Next topic

Technohippy

Is there a way to play solo against an AI?

If so, how is this setup?

Thanks - Technohippy

fett0001

Try clicking bot match on the matching screen.

Watno

You can also play games with multiple bots by going to new table, then setting min and max number of players to the desired total amount of players, then click ready without other players present.
This will also allow you to customize the kingdom if you wish to do so.

A campaign mode (with designed levels) will also be added in the future

ffejselur

Quote from: Watno on 04 January 2017, 07:05:52 PM
You can also play games with multiple bots by going to new table, then setting min and max number of players to the desired total amount of players, then click ready without other players present.
Cool, but unfortunately the bots STINK. They appear to have no concept of endgame play such as the PPR - they'll even buy a Province to end the game and lose apparently under the same conditions they'll buy 1 earlier. They will play a Moat the turn after a Militia or Witch was played but not use the reaction ability of the Moat to negate the attack. I've had these things happen multiple times. I've seen them trash Provinces with Chapel for no reason. I remember reading 1 post where someone asked if bots of multiple skill levels would be available and I believe the response was maybe someday. The level of bot play represents another HUGE step backwards in the Si product from MF's. As an older user with health challenges I have preferred to play solo (campaigns/bots) so I can make moves at my own pace without worrying if someone thinks I'm playing too slow, at least until I play enough to have enough experience with the cards. (I'm still relatively new to OL Dominion, having subscribed to all cards on MF just the last 2 months, after having experience with 5 sets IRL.) From what I've seen the bot play is so bad playing them is just not challenging or fun and is the main reason I just can't see myself paying for your product at this time. I hope improving the bot play will become a priority.

gkrieg

Quote from: ffejselur on 04 January 2017, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: Watno on 04 January 2017, 07:05:52 PM
Cool, but unfortunately the bots STINK. They appear to have no concept of endgame play such as the PPR - they'll even buy a Province to end the game and lose apparently under the same conditions they'll buy 1 earlier. They will play a Moat the turn after a Militia or Witch was played but not use the reaction ability of the Moat to negate the attack. I've had these things happen multiple times. I've seen them trash Provinces with Chapel for no reason. I remember reading 1 post where someone asked if bots of multiple skill levels would be available and I believe the response was maybe someday. The level of bot play represents another HUGE step backwards in the Si product from MF's. As an older user with health challenges I have preferred to play solo (campaigns/bots) so I can make moves at my own pace without worrying if someone thinks I'm playing too slow, at least until I play enough to have enough experience with the cards. (I'm still relatively new to OL Dominion, having subscribed to all cards on MF just the last 2 months, after having experience with 5 sets IRL.) From what I've seen the bot play is so bad playing them is just not challenging or fun and is the main reason I just can't see myself paying for your product at this time. I hope improving the bot play will become a priority.

They are aware of this and are working on it.  They have pushed out 4 different versions since the launch, each implementing things that people were complaining about, so just be patient.

ffejselur

Thanks, gkrieg. Good to know they're working on it. I'll wait.

Technohippy

Thanks for the info. Bot Match was what I was looking for.

santamonica811

Quote from: ffejselur on 04 January 2017, 10:14:32 PM
Thanks, gkrieg. Good to know they're working on it. I'll wait.

I cannot tell you how many fora I participate in (mostly photography-related) where the moderators are, essentially, absent.  And then they wonder why members get so outraged.

In other words; I want to express how pleased I am at the quick responses so far.  A "we're working on it" or even "We're aware of the issue but have no current plans to change it." response is a million times better than dead silence.

I'm in the group that is annoyed that they overpaid at the old site for short-term "lifetime" use.  But other than that quibble, I am very happy at the customer support so far at the site.

Jayseema

Bot play only uses base cards? And I have to log in after every game ends?

Watno

Quote from: Jayseema on 09 January 2017, 05:37:11 AM
Bot play only uses base cards? And I have to log in after every game ends?

Do you have a subscription? If you'd of go to the familiar cards tab and mark the cards you want to play with as familiar.