Enough with Summon!

Previous topic - Next topic

Cave-O-Sapien

Summon shows up in almost every game.

This is less than ideal.

trazoM

Hm, I guess I saw it twice in like 40 games.

markus

The reason is that Summon as a Promo is the only event available, if you don't have any subscription.

Jacob Marley

Same can be said for Prince.  I've seen it in almost every game I'm played here.  Of course once I get my subscription, that will correct itself. 

Cave-O-Sapien

I suspected it was related to it being a free Promo event. I've only been playing Quick Matches so I don't know exactly how the table is getting setup, but it does seem like it's showing up more than it should.

It reminds of the early days of Dominion on Brettspielwelt when their weighted kingdom generator algorithm caused 50% of games to feature Chapel. I'm not suggesting that Summon is in any way at risk of distorting the Dominion experience to the degree that perma-Chapel did, but it does eat up a lot of screen space.

bananny

I have also seen Summon a lot.

Loophole - Go to the "Familiar Cards" screen.  Click or "grey out" any card you don't want to play with as an unfamiliar card.  Go to "Options" and scroll to the bottom.  Select 0 on "Max Unfamiliar Cards".  I no longer have to see another Possession, Swindler, Oracle or anything else that pisses me off... lol.  This is DEFINITELY a feature I love about the new platform.

gkrieg

Quote from: bananny on 07 January 2017, 06:55:20 PM
I have also seen Summon a lot.

Loophole - Go to the "Familiar Cards" screen.  Click or "grey out" any card you don't want to play with as an unfamiliar card.  Go to "Options" and scroll to the bottom.  Select 0 on "Max Unfamiliar Cards".  I no longer have to see another Possession, Swindler, Oracle or anything else that pisses me off... lol.  This is DEFINITELY a feature I love about the new platform.

This is true for quickmatch, but isn't true for good match, which doesn't respect familiar cards IIRC.

Stef

Quote from: gkrieg on 07 January 2017, 07:47:35 PM
This is true for quickmatch, but isn't true for good match, which doesn't respect familiar cards IIRC.

Good match does respect familiar cards.

It just doesn't match you with people whose familiar-cards-settings would be very restrictive to you.

bananny

Ahhhh... I only play against bots, so it works fine for me.  Good to know in case I decide to risk a live person that plays too slow ;)

yed

Maybe Summon shows a lot for people with Silver subscription because it is the only one Event available for them?