Translation in other languages: French, Spanish, German...

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Dawn

Hi everyone,

Will the app be translated in other languages (French, Spanish, German,...) ? As you know, many Europeans players (especially the young ones) aren't so comfortable with the English language. I know for example that my friends won't even try if the game is not translated.
Can you tell us more about it?

jsh

Quote from: UncleLion on 06 January 2017, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: Watno on 06 January 2017, 09:49:38 PM
It's definitely planned.

Interface and card text or only interface?

Card text too. I know at least German and Russian are "ready."

LaLight

Quote from: UncleLion on 07 January 2017, 02:48:52 PM
Polish language also?

Well, see. Russian and German translation are almost ready to go. Other translations are discussable and definitely planned. Thing is, that we need people who speak for example Polish to make a Polish version. If there is any wish to do that, contact any of us directly.

werothegreat

Quote from: LaLight on 07 January 2017, 04:19:26 PM
Polish language also?

Well, see. Russian and German translation are almost ready to go. Other translations are discussable and definitely planned. Thing is, that we need people who speak for example Polish to make a Polish version. If there is any wish to do that, contact any of us directly.

Talk to m_knox - I don't know if he's on f.ds, but he posts regularly on the wiki, and on BGG.

UncleLion

Quote from: werothegreat on 07 January 2017, 04:23:35 PM
Quote from: LaLight on 07 January 2017, 04:19:26 PM
Polish language also?

Talk to m_knox - I don't know if he's on f.ds, but he posts regularly on the wiki, and on BGG.

Also may send massage to Games Factory Publishing - they have polish licence for Dominion. (link). GFP relased: Base Set, Intrigue, Seaside, Porsperity and Empires. Also Cornucopia was realased in Polish by Bard.pl

UncleLion

hi. Any news about polish translation? Games Factory give permission for use his version?

love1323

is there any possible translation in to chinese 8)
i thought that is less than 1% ;D

Stef

Quote from: love1323 on 12 April 2017, 07:25:16 PM
is there any possible translation in to chinese 8)
i thought that is less than 1% ;D

It only takes one ambitious fan to make the translation... do you happen to know any Chinese Dominion fans? ;)

UncleLion

Stef: have you wrote to Games Factory for permision to use official polish translation Dominion Card? They have relased Base set, Intrique, Seaside, Prosperity, Empire.
We also have fan translation of other card, and I think we would help in polish translation. But only when you will have Games Factory permission. Could you try to ask them?

yed

Stef

Quote from: yed on 13 July 2017, 02:50:55 PM
Does Shuffle It needs their permission?
No, we need permission from Rio Grande Games and we have that - for every language out there.

With Japanese released, the only language currently in progress is French.
If anyone wants to make another translation I'm certainly willing to facilitate.
Don't underestimate the work involved though.

m_knox

Well, if you really need permission from RGG only, not from language-version publisher, then I think we're quite ready with the Polish version. As Unclelion wrote, the official translations are done for Base set, Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, Cornucopia and Empires, and I've done translations for the rest of the expansions (card text and card descriptions from rulebooks).