Easy way to cheat

Previous topic - Next topic

labattabatman

Hi,

There is a very easy way to cheat and see your opponent's cards. You just need to create an other account and be friend with your 2 accounts. Then spectate the game you are playing with your second account. You will see your oppenent's cards in real time.

Thanks

LabattaBatman

gkrieg

Quote from: labattabatman on 07 January 2017, 03:29:38 PM
Hi,

There is a very easy way to cheat and see your opponent's cards. You just need to create an other account and be friend with your 2 accounts. Then spectate the game you are playing with your second account. You will see your oppenent's cards in real time.

Thanks

LabattaBatman

If you are worried about this, you can always turn off spectating for all of your games in settings.

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: gkrieg on 07 January 2017, 07:46:17 PM
If you are worried about this, you can always turn off spectating for all of your games in settings.

There's no global setting for this, only specific table settings, which means it doesn't help in quick/good matches.

Emeric

What is the point of cheating ?
Is there some money to win ?

mrfiat

Maybe delay spectating by one round so your opponent can't see your current cards?

LastFootnote

Quote from: mrfiat on 08 January 2017, 05:02:40 PM
Maybe delay spectating by one round so your opponent can't see your current cards?
Or maybe just make it so spectators can't see either player's hand. Ta-da!

JW

At some point in the future, maybe consider a "do not show spectators my hand" option. In the meantime, slightly better controls to let users forbid spectators would be fine.

gkrieg

I would hate for spectating mode to downgrade in any way.  It is super useful for matches that people want to spectate!

I think if people just want to turn off that their matches can be spectated, that is a good solution to the problem. 

MVoltaire

Quote from: gkrieg on 09 January 2017, 05:31:39 PM
I would hate for spectating mode to downgrade in any way.  It is super useful for matches that people want to spectate!

I think if people just want to turn off that their matches can be spectated, that is a good solution to the problem.

+1. It was really nice yesterday to watch the stream of the Dominion League Champion Match and see all the cards and hear the commentary. Not seing everything or just delayed would not have been as good.