Secret Passage is either bugged or the interface is counterintuitive

Previous topic - Next topic

Awaclus

In game #175804 on oregon, I tried to use Secret Passage to set up cards for Sentry to trash, but the card I tried to place 2nd or 3rd from top did not show up when I played Sentry.

Watno

I think probly counterintuitive.
If you put the bar in position 2 that means 2 from the bottom, not from the top. I agree that should probably be swapped.

Rabid

Cards are labeled
1 = Bottom
N = Top = next card you will draw.
Slider starts left = bottom

I think it is just confusing, not broken.

Awaclus

Quote from: Watno on 08 January 2017, 02:37:23 PM
I think probly counterintuitive.
If you put the bar in position 2 that means 2 from the bottom, not from the top. I agree that should probably be swapped.

Ok, probably counterintuitive then because that's what I did.

Mick

Secret Passage should be numbering from the top of the deck, not the bottom. That's more intuitive, and more likely how a player will think of things when they want to put the card in a specific spot in their deck. (I believe the manual itself even uses # from the top as an example).

If I was playing at a real table with a player who said they were putting the card 18th from the bottom when they meant 2nd from the top, I would think they were either being intentionally silly, or are secretly a robot.

AdamH

It would be best if one side of the slider was labeled "top" and the other side was labeled "bottom" -- I realize the button says this when you move the slider there but it needs to always be visible.

Both numbers should be displayed -- the offset from the top AND the offset from the bottom. Given that the interface is a slider, if I have 50 cards in my deck I should easily be able to tell if I'm putting my card 2 from the bottom vs. 3 from the bottom and also the same way for the top. Without both numbers being displayed, it's really annoying to be able to do both of these and know I'm putting the card in the right place.