Re: Subscription pricing & structure

Previous topic - Next topic

werothegreat

Quote from: Stef on 15 December 2016, 01:59:01 PM
You can play with the Base Set for free (2nd Edition).
If you have a subscription, you will be able to invite others to play with those cards; also when they don't have a subscription.

This is great news.

Whizkid

Right before Example, you have this:
QuoteYou are paying €0.005 per weight per day when buying Gold, €0.007 per weight per day when buying Silver.

This has Gold being less expensive than Silver, which I hope is just a typo.

Please confirm.

Stef

Quote from: Whizkid on 15 December 2016, 05:29:58 PM
Right before Example, you have this:
QuoteYou are paying €0.005 per weight per day when buying Gold, €0.007 per weight per day when buying Silver.

This has Gold being less expensive than Silver, which I hope is just a typo.

Please confirm.
Gold: €0.005 per weight per day * 20 weight = €0.10 per day
Silver: €0.007 per weight per day * 10 weight = €0.07 per day

So gold is indeed cheaper per item, but you buy more items.

scottc

Are the coins we have at MF good for anything?  I have 168 coins which I can't use because they stopped selling expansions sometime before I started playing again.

Philip

Quote from: scottc on 15 December 2016, 06:46:35 PM
Are the coins we have at MF good for anything?  I have 168 coins which I can't use because they stopped selling expansions sometime before I started playing again.

You can't spend MF currency with us, but they have other products, maybe you can do something with it there.

Psyduck

Shouldn't the first ten days be worth 10 * 10 = 100 weight-days? Or am I mixing sth. up here?

Edit: I realized I looked at it from a wrong perspective. Your example is correct.

In any case, I like your license model and also appreciate that you publish the calculation details here.

Linda B

Because I owned sets on MF, I have partial sets here, and I do understand the principle used to calculate the amount I'd need to pay to get the full set. But I have not found a way to find what a year's subscription would cost for a newcomer at Silver and Gold levels. I understand the final amount varies depending on what country you are in, and would be satisfied if you could just post an answer that lays out the base amounts. Are Silver and Gold only available in 50-day increments? Are there price breaks for longer times?

I haven't decided whether to invest (i.e. "trust") in this new online version or not. On my limited fixed income, a new recurring charge is tough but I understand (and have owned my own) business so I get that you have to make a profit. I just need to be able to look at how much it is going to cost me over the longer haul.

Thanks in advance for all help.

JW

Quote from: Linda B on 01 January 2017, 02:01:51 AM
Because I owned sets on MF, I have partial sets here, and I do understand the principle used to calculate the amount I'd need to pay to get the full set. But I have not found a way to find what a year's subscription would cost for a newcomer at Silver and Gold levels. I understand the final amount varies depending on what country you are in, and would be satisfied if you could just post an answer that lays out the base amounts. Are Silver and Gold only available in 50-day increments? Are there price breaks for longer times?

I haven't decided whether to invest (i.e. "trust") in this new online version or not. On my limited fixed income, a new recurring charge is tough but I understand (and have owned my own) business so I get that you have to make a profit. I just need to be able to look at how much it is going to cost me over the longer haul.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Try selecting the option to subscribe through December 31, 2017. Then add a month and see how much that increases the price. That's the amount you'll pay per month after your partial subscription is up.

That is - on the screen where you can select Gold for the rest of the year, instead select through January 31, 2018. It will show a price tag. Compare that to the price for Gold through December 31, 2017. That difference is the per month price.

schnort

What happened to the non-subscription option MF users were going to be offered?  (offline only vs. bots, no reoccurring charges, our purchase moved over)

Linda B

Quote from: JW on 01 January 2017, 02:10:55 AM
Try selecting the option to subscribe through December 31, 2017. Then add a month and see how much that increases the price. That's the amount you'll pay per month after your partial subscription is up.

It doesn't offer me the option to add a month after selecting Gold for the rest of this year. It sends me straight to the "Cancel or Proceed To Payment" screen with nowhere offering me any chance to "continue shopping".

JW

Quote from: Linda B on 01 January 2017, 02:35:40 AM
Quote from: JW on 01 January 2017, 02:10:55 AM

It doesn't offer me the option to add a month after selecting Gold for the rest of this year. It sends me straight to the "Cancel or Proceed To Payment" screen with nowhere offering me any chance to "continue shopping".

On the screen where you can select Gold for the rest of the year, instead select through January 31, 2018. It will show a price tag. Compare that to the price for Gold through December 31, 2017. That difference is the per month price (for a long month - it's charged per day).

I seem to recall that a gold subscription for all of 2017 is about U.S. $37. 

CoWm4n

Quote from: schnort on 01 January 2017, 02:32:33 AM
What happened to the non-subscription option MF users were going to be offered?  (offline only vs. bots, no reoccurring charges, our purchase moved over)

Same question from my side.

And a happy new year to all of you!

JW

The developers have said that the offline only mode is in progress and should be available later in 2017, at which point presumably you can transfer your purchases over.

Linda B

Quote from: JW on 01 January 2017, 02:43:28 AM
On the screen where you can select Gold for the rest of the year, instead select through January 31, 2018. It will show a price tag. Compare that to the price for Gold through December 31, 2017. That difference is the per month price.
Thanks. That gives Euro 36.44 and USD 38.35 (at the moment) for a year of , and Euro 14.63 for Silver, USD 15.40. Does that sound about right?

Linda B

Quote from: JW on 01 January 2017, 09:53:24 AM
The developers have said that the offline only mode is in progress and should be available later in 2017, at which point presumably you can transfer your purchases over.
Thanks for this answer, too -- I was wondering as well.

Followup questions though:

(1) Do we get a choice of one or the other or do those of us who had bought items on MF get both the compensating sub we have now AND free play offline (forever?).

(2) If the first (we only get one or the other) does using the online version now make it so we won't be able to choose the offline version?