Re: Subscription pricing & structure

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcw

Yes, sounds about what I paid for a full subscription, no credits.

Philip

Quote from: Linda B on 01 January 2017, 02:48:48 PM
Quote from: JW on 01 January 2017, 09:53:24 AM
The developers have said that the offline only mode is in progress and should be available later in 2017, at which point presumably you can transfer your purchases over.
Thanks for this answer, too -- I was wondering as well.

Followup questions though:

(1) Do we get a choice of one or the other or do those of us who had bought items on MF get both the compensating sub we have now AND free play offline (forever?).

(2) If the first (we only get one or the other) does using the online version now make it so we won't be able to choose the offline version?

It's the first, and using the online version now doesn't mean you can't choose later.

AdamH

I bought everything on Making Fun. The way it sounded, I thought I was going to get all of the cards on this version for a year, but it turns out I'm going to get everything except for Empires because I didn't own Empires on Making Fun. It's asking me to pay 6 Euros to get Empires for the year.

I don't mind paying for a quality product, but like, I'm not getting Stash or Inheritance right now and this thing isn't fully implemented yet -- lots of information that is crucial for playing with all of the cards isn't being displayed right now, the user interface needs a lot of work, I could go on. Whatever, I can mostly play with it, but calling it a quality product is a stretch right now. It is much, much worse than Making Fun.

I was really hoping I'd get to play with everything for a while without paying, and then this thing would be finished by the time I had to pay for it. Like, I'd much rather have 6 months of everything then start paying then over having everything but Empires for a year. I'm sure that trade would work out better for you according to that math which I am not going to get into.

I realize you're doing this to be nice and you don't owe anyone anything, and you're giving out free stuff to keep people happy. I'm telling you what would make me happy and why (6 months of everything instead of 12 months of everything minus Empires) so maybe you'll do that? If not, umm, I'm not sure what I'll do. I haven't thought about it.

I have to imagine a lot of other people would feel the same as me also.

thewagon

Hi and good luck to Shuffle iT with everything. :)

I'm one of those that had existing purchases of everything on MF, and I am intending to choose the Offline version when that finally becomes available.

I would also like to play with the Empires set, which - as discussed in the above posts - I can "upgrade" to now, in the existing Online version.

But I would like to know what will happen to my Empires purchase, once I switch over to Offline :-

1. Will I automatically receive an Offline version of Empires?

2. Or will I have to repurchase Empires for the Offline version?

If it is the second option, is there any estimate to the pricing you would charge at that point?

AdamH

Quote from: AdamH on 02 January 2017, 04:45:28 AM
I bought everything on Making Fun. The way it sounded, I thought I was going to get all of the cards on this version for a year, but it turns out I'm going to get everything except for Empires because I didn't own Empires on Making Fun. It's asking me to pay 6 Euros to get Empires for the year.

I don't mind paying for a quality product, but like, I'm not getting Stash or Inheritance right now and this thing isn't fully implemented yet -- lots of information that is crucial for playing with all of the cards isn't being displayed right now, the user interface needs a lot of work, I could go on. Whatever, I can mostly play with it, but calling it a quality product is a stretch right now. It is much, much worse than Making Fun.

I was really hoping I'd get to play with everything for a while without paying, and then this thing would be finished by the time I had to pay for it. Like, I'd much rather have 6 months of everything then start paying then over having everything but Empires for a year. I'm sure that trade would work out better for you according to that math which I am not going to get into.

I realize you're doing this to be nice and you don't owe anyone anything, and you're giving out free stuff to keep people happy. I'm telling you what would make me happy and why (6 months of everything instead of 12 months of everything minus Empires) so maybe you'll do that? If not, umm, I'm not sure what I'll do. I haven't thought about it.

No response?

Stanann

I am not an online player, but I loved single player dominion and am extremely disappointed that it has disappeared.  Why not let making fun continue to provide the single player option until 'sometime later in 2017' when the new company gets it ready?  Feeling pretty unhappy with this 'transition' that isn't transitioning anything if you just play the single player game!

tufftaeh

Quote from: AdamH on 03 January 2017, 07:27:23 PM

No response?

You can have on from me. :)
The price model you suggest might have been a good idea but I guess it is too late to change that now. Imagine the uproar if you take away half a year of Gold (minus Empires) from everybody who had all sets on MF... And if Shuffle iT offered the option to choose between the two price models, they would have to put some effort into this which they might rather want to put into the client. I'm afraid that not too many would choose your model anyway. I might be wrong but I, personally, prefer the existing price model. I want to play with Empires from now on, too, and I prefer to pay for one year of Empires (which I couldn't have at MF) over paying for half a year of everything. Ah, yes, and I can live without Stash and Inheritance for some more time easily, as well as with the few real problems that the new client still has (naming cards, Journey token, trash view, challenging specific players, ...). I like the new client with discard confirmation, autobuy and undo much better than the MF client already - tastes are different, as it seems.

tufftaeh

Quote from: Stanann on 03 January 2017, 07:28:31 PM
I am not an online player, but I loved single player dominion and am extremely disappointed that it has disappeared.  Why not let making fun continue to provide the single player option until 'sometime later in 2017' when the new company gets it ready?  Feeling pretty unhappy with this 'transition' that isn't transitioning anything if you just play the single player game!

I guess you are referring to the campaign mode? If not, you can already play against 1 to 5 bots (or solo without opoonents but that's probably not what you mean). Campaigns are planned for later this year.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 03 January 2017, 07:27:23 PM

No response?

Sorry, but no. We really try to keep the subscriptions as straight forward as possible.
Spending the time on coding this and the extra confusion it would cause others presented with the choice is not worth saving you the $3-ish. Or you could just play with everything up to Adventures.

AdamH

dance

I now got my invitation Mail for ASchmidtMail@gmx.de an my name was ladanza. But I didnt get any cards set or so like promised?? Why not? At the former dominion I had all sets as abo? whats going wrong?

LaLight

Quote from: dance on 04 January 2017, 01:08:03 PM
I now got my invitation Mail for ASchmidtMail@gmx.de an my name was ladanza. But I didnt get any cards set or so like promised?? Why not? At the former dominion I had all sets as abo? whats going wrong?

Have you bought all sets, or did you have a subscription on Making Fun?

Philip

Quote from: thewagon on 02 January 2017, 01:17:48 PM
Hi and good luck to Shuffle iT with everything. :)

I'm one of those that had existing purchases of everything on MF, and I am intending to choose the Offline version when that finally becomes available.

I would also like to play with the Empires set, which - as discussed in the above posts - I can "upgrade" to now, in the existing Online version.

But I would like to know what will happen to my Empires purchase, once I switch over to Offline :-

1. Will I automatically receive an Offline version of Empires?

2. Or will I have to repurchase Empires for the Offline version?

If it is the second option, is there any estimate to the pricing you would charge at that point?

It's 2. I can't give you an estimate for the offline pricing yet.

Philip

Quote from: dance on 04 January 2017, 01:08:03 PM

The deal is only for people who purchased expansions at Making Fun, not the subscription.

Cave-O-Sapien

This model makes a lot of sense!

How did you manage to come up with such a thing without a VP of Monetization?