Infinite high score?

Previous topic - Next topic

robperry

I played a game where I scored 1302.  This got me wondering if an infinite high score is possible.  Also, has anybody beat that?  I have a screen capture of the deck, but I can't remember all the cards. I know it had the traveler "page" line and I exhausted all the actions. I would show the screen capture, but when I click insert image I get this:

werothegreat

If both players trash down to just Bishop and Fortress, the game will last forever.

Ranna156

i can't remember what my highest score ever was...i know it was over 1000 but not sure if i beat that! Something to try! LOL

I did just play a game where i ran out every single pile including a BM deck. 3 players with colonies/platinums...quite the feat...took me a few tries to get all the BM cards. I took screen captures. Going to see if i can post it in that thread of great dominion plays.

Ranna156

Quote from: robperry on 08 January 2017, 09:14:09 PM
I played a game where I scored 1302.  This got me wondering if an infinite high score is possible.  Also, has anybody beat that?  I have a screen capture of the deck, but I can't remember all the cards. I know it had the traveler "page" line and I exhausted all the actions. I would show the screen capture, but when I click insert image I get this:

unless you have a link to insert the image i don't think it will work. I don't see a hosting function on here for pics. but if you go to the attachments area you can attach a photo. I just did it in a different thread.

gloures

With Goons/Forum/Trader/Cost Reduction you can literally score as many points as you wish in a single turn. Just make Forum cost 0, have a Goons in play and Trader in hand, then keep buying Forum and reaveling Trader to gain a silver, which you can do even after the silver pile is gone!

Being a 4-card combo does mean it´s quite unlikely for it to show up in a fully randomlly chosen kingdom, but  if you actually put all those cards in the game, it isn´t that hard to pull off. If Highway is the cost reduction I´d say you would only need a half decent engine around it (or just pretty much any trashing that´s better than Trader).

Ranna156

i beat your 1301 by a couple hundred. probably could have done better if i had some different cards in the deck and not the stupid wall. I also ended up getting stuck in the last round so i screen capped it on the last screen where i am stuck at.

Ranna156

Quote from: gloures on 09 January 2017, 05:41:00 AM
With Goons/Forum/Trader/Cost Reduction you can literally score as many points as you wish in a single turn. Just make Forum cost 0, have a Goons in play and Trader in hand, then keep buying Forum and reaveling Trader to gain a silver, which you can do even after the silver pile is gone!

Being a 4-card combo does mean it´s quite unlikely for it to show up in a fully randomlly chosen kingdom, but  if you actually put all those cards in the game, it isn´t that hard to pull off. If Highway is the cost reduction I´d say you would only need a half decent engine around it (or just pretty much any trashing that´s better than Trader).

I tried that and it worked pretty awesome...yeah you could totally get however many points you wanted. I used bridge as my cost reduction but it would have probably been even better to use the highway and put a plus one buy on it. i even beat my earlier high score then i just got bored. lol