Contraband

Previous topic - Next topic

david.g

The bots don't ever seem to mark any cards when I play contraband. They just don't seem to acknowledge it at all

Witherweaver

Quote from: david.g on 09 January 2017, 11:04:09 AM
The bots don't ever seem to mark any cards when I play contraband. They just don't seem to acknowledge it at all

Good Guy Lord Rattington always  names Ace of Spades I guess :/

Mick

I was just about to make a topic on Contraband, only in my case the AI always chose Copper (while there are some cases this might make some sense, it was questionable here).

david.g

I just went through a whole game winning easy with Contraband. neither bot named a card once, and i used it all the time, just to be sure it is an issue...... you need to know guys

Watno

We are aware that the AI always blocks Copper currently

Witherweaver

I think, though I'm not sure, that bots always Embargo Curses as well.  Has anyone noticed this?

david.g

Yeah I've noticed the embargoing of curses by the bots also, they do some amusing things. Although i do like my games with them, but I'm no great shakes at the game. For me the bots are a good challenge

david.g

Hey I see Contraband is fixed. This place gets better and better!

tufftaeh

Quote from: david.g on 14 January 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Hey I see Contraband is fixed. This place gets better and better!
"Fixed" is a big word for the improvement in 1.0.8. Lord Rat now always names Gold - even if the Gold pile is empty.  8)

david.g

aha, perhaps i was a little presumptuous there. well its a slight improvement at least.....

tufftaeh

It's definitely an improvement. I'm not sure if always naming gold even qualifies as "clearly stupid play". Maybe it would need to be upgraded to always naming province to avoid that.

vande424

From what I see now, it always names Gold, and if you play a second Contraband, it just names Gold again which doesn't work...