3 Player Matching

Previous topic - Next topic

ffejselur

One feature that I would love to see implemented is 3 (or more) player matching. Right now Quick Match, Good Match and Bot Match all assume a 2 player game. In the MF global chat window it sure seemed like the requests for people to join a 3 player game outnumbered those for a 2 player game by a huge margin. Both IRL and OL I've personally found the 3 (or even 4) player game more interesting than the 2 player game. (I'd be fascinated to see a poll of the community on how others feel about this.) It would be awesome if a 2nd row of buttons could be added so that there would be one row for 2 player Quick Match, Good Match, and Bot Match, then a row beneath it for 3 player Quick Match, Good Match, and Bot Match.

allanfieldhouse

I have no stats, but I think the vast majority of games are/were 2 player. These people used the default MF automatch system to find their games. Therefore, the players that were left over would use the chat to find people who wanted to play a multiplayer game. So it makes sense that the chat would be biased toward multiplayer games while the overall number of games would be biased toward 2 player.

zeruf

What allen said. The reason that the chat was so biased towards three and four player games is because it was the best way to find them. I would join every now and then just for the fun of it to see how it was. I generally found that the players who play 3 and 4 player games don't play as often as the two player players. Also, most of them play for free which is why I would sometimes host them so that they could try playing with different expansions.

I do agree though that it should be an option. The table system could work for that if it was better organized. I think the table tab needs to be cleaned up a lot. Options to sort tables, hide running tables, hide tables with bots, etc. should be implemented

ffejselur

Quote from: allanfieldhouse on 10 January 2017, 05:38:35 PM
I have no stats, but I think the vast majority of games are/were 2 player. These people used the default MF automatch system to find their games. Therefore, the players that were left over would use the chat to find people who wanted to play a multiplayer game. So it makes sense that the chat would be biased toward multiplayer games while the overall number of games would be biased toward 2 player.
Good explanation, thanks.

doozer

I agree with ffejselur, 3/4 player dominion is far more interesting and should be added to the auto-matching IMHO.

ffejselur

Thanks, doozer, but check out this post of mine here that explains why it's an uphill battle:http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1368.msg4336#msg4336. 3+ player Dominion players unite!

allanfieldhouse

I don't think there's really any valid argument why this shouldn't be a feature eventually. It's just going to be lower priority than any of the in-game things that need to be fixed. Ask again in a year (or whenever it seems like they've fixed all the more important stuff).