Please Add or Change

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

While there are a few improvements in this platform over the previous one (I love the confirmation about trashing and discarding), there are also some big annoyances. Please address these issues, in order of important (in my opinion).

1) SOUND ALERTS. I rely on the sound alerts to let me know when it's my turn, and to pay attention to when my opponent purchases a providence or colony. Bring these back ASAP.

2) Don't force cards in the hand to stack unless the hand is too large to view all cards fanned out. If some people like the stacking, have it as an option, but have no stacking also as an option.

3) Add option to hide VP counter.

4) Change how the layout is so the gray box describing what is happening is not directly over the deck.

5) Show the trash.

Thanks! Hope you get these implemented very soon to improve player experience.

LibraryAdventurer

Quote from: Snowdrop on 10 January 2017, 03:49:02 AM
While there are a few improvements in this platform over the previous one (I love the confirmation about trashing and discarding), there are also some big annoyances. Please address these issues, in order of important (in my opinion).

1) SOUND ALERTS. I rely on the sound alerts to let me know when it's my turn, and to pay attention to when my opponent purchases a providence or colony. Bring these back ASAP.

2) Don't force cards in the hand to stack unless the hand is too large to view all cards fanned out. If some people like the stacking, have it as an option, but have no stacking also as an option.

3) Add option to hide VP counter.

4) Change how the layout is so the gray box describing what is happening is not directly over the deck.

5) Show the trash.

Thanks! Hope you get these implemented very soon to improve player experience.

There are already options for #3 and #4. Unfortunately, the option to not use VP counters is only available if you create a table (not in matching). The Option for #4 is called "Move kingdom and play area". Turn this to off and the box won't be over the kingdom anymore.
They have also said that there's a plan to show the trash (more visible than the top of the log where it is now).

Snowdrop

Quote from: LibraryAdventurer on 10 January 2017, 04:00:20 AM

There are already options for #3 and #4. Unfortunately, the option to not use VP counters is only available if you create a table (not in matching). The Option for #4 is called "Move kingdom and play area". Turn this to off and the box won't be over the kingdom anymore.
They have also said that there's a plan to show the trash (more visible than the top of the log where it is now).

Good to know. Unfortunetly I cannot get the table thing to work. Every time I've tried, I get stuck with a bot. (and whenever I try to join a table, the person never starts the game.) So this option needs to be brought over to the matching as well, like it was in MF.

I'll look into moving the play area, but I haven't seen that option in my profile or anything ... where do you find it?

LibraryAdventurer

Quote from: Snowdrop on 10 January 2017, 04:06:26 AM
I'll look into moving the play area, but I haven't seen that option in my profile or anything ... where do you find it?
Options tab at the top of the screen.

LastFootnote

As a short-term fix for the trash only being in the log, it would be nice if the log actually displayed the cards in the trash stacked ("4 Coppers, 3 Estates") and used the correct colors for each card, as it does for the rest of the log.

Watno

Good to know. Unfortunetly I cannot get the table thing to work. Every time I've tried, I get stuck with a bot. (and whenever I try to join a table, the person never starts the game.) So this option needs to be brought over to the matching as well, like it was in MF.

The game at your table starts once all real players present have clicked ready. If you don't want to play with a bot, wait until there are other real players.

AdamH

Quote from: Watno on 10 January 2017, 12:21:58 PM

The game at your table starts once all real players present have clicked ready. If you don't want to play with a bot, wait until there are other real players.

There are a lot of problems with this.

- Joining a table with an empty seat for players should automatically sit them down to play (I've introduced about 10 people to this client and every single one of them was confused by the way it currently is).

- This goes along with the previous one, but there needs to be a way to your friends in the client without being at the same table as them.

- There should be something visible on the table when the host of the table is AFK for a certain amount of time.

- The default setting for acceptable opponents at my table is +-30 rating points. First of all, this should not be an option for me if I can't see my rating because I have absolutely no idea what it means (what constitutes a game that will affect this rating? etc.); but at the very least make the default setting to accept any match. If I try and make a table with someone who just signed up they will keep getting kicked because of this until I change the setting, and to change it I have to dig through Advanced table options.

- Tables I create go back to the global default settings instead of remembering what my last table settings were.

This is the current new player experience, and every person I bring to the new client is going through all of this, followed by the same first-game kingdom because they didn't adjust their familiar cards and had no reason to think they should. You can change any one of these things above and the problem will be solved immediately.

LibraryAdventurer

Quote from: AdamH on 10 January 2017, 01:53:49 PM
There are a lot of problems with this.

- Joining a table with an empty seat for players should automatically sit them down to play (I've introduced about 10 people to this client and every single one of them was confused by the way it currently is).

- This goes along with the previous one, but there needs to be a way to your friends in the client without being at the same table as them.

- There should be something visible on the table when the host of the table is AFK for a certain amount of time.

- The default setting for acceptable opponents at my table is +-30 rating points. First of all, this should not be an option for me if I can't see my rating because I have absolutely no idea what it means (what constitutes a game that will affect this rating? etc.); but at the very least make the default setting to accept any match. If I try and make a table with someone who just signed up they will keep getting kicked because of this until I change the setting, and to change it I have to dig through Advanced table options.

- Tables I create go back to the global default settings instead of remembering what my last table settings were.

This is the current new player experience, and every person I bring to the new client is going through all of this, followed by the same first-game kingdom because they didn't adjust their familiar cards and had no reason to think they should. You can change any one of these things above and the problem will be solved immediately.
I agree with the above.

Jacob Marley

Maybe the table creator has to click ready to start the game, but others how join the table are automatically ready.  This prevents a situation were someone other than the creator sits at the table then never clicks ready, so the game doesn't start.  Maybe in the table setup an option for the table creator to start game automatically when the max number of players has joined.

JunkDealer

Auto sitting means people who join a table and walk away will be dead wait.  Why not launch the game when the creator is ready and anyone not ready become spectators.

santamonica811

Quote from: JunkDealer on 11 January 2017, 07:54:49 PM
Auto sitting means people who join a table and walk away will be dead wait.  Why not launch the game when the creator is ready and anyone not ready become spectators.

Or give a mere 60-second period, *With* a distinctive sound--to give waiting players a clear "heads-up...game is about to start" notice.