Enable card stacking in some more places

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Let's say I have 55 Actions in play and now it's time for me to Scheme some of them. Currently the interface is that I select them directly from my play area. Some of them are stacked in my play area and the staggering helps, but it's creating the similar problem from before: it's still hard for me to tell exactly what I'm Scheming.

In some cases, if I want to Scheme multiple cards from one stack, I can click on them twice, but other cards may be obscuring the number in the middle of that yellow X so I can't tell how many of those cards I have selected to Scheme. It's also still hard to tell which card you're clicking on in some cases if you haven't already memorized the left edge of the card art like I have. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3AC-OOy0Qg&t=18m20s

There are other cases where similar problems exist: if I'm fishing through a large discard pile looking for actions for Inn, or non-treasures for Hermit, etc. It can be difficult to tell what I'm looking at.

Card stacking in these situations would make things a lot clearer. Just show me one stack of cards for all 7 of my Oracles and use that stacking yellow X thing that's already there for Scheme. Card stacking actually makes more sense in these situations than it does anywhere else in the game (especially in the play area. I don't understand what that's trying to accomplish and it seems to be inconsistent but whatevs).

Witherweaver

Good idea.

I also think the card that your mouse is over should be magnified as you mouseover, so that you can see it without right-clicking.  (Notably, I believe you cannot select it after right-clicking, which I think you should be able to do.)

The mouseover magnification is less necessary with stacking, but you can still have examples of many different Actions in your discard or in play (e.g., Black Market).

Jacob Marley

Quote from: Witherweaver on 11 January 2017, 08:19:09 PM
Good idea.

I also think the card that your mouse is over should be magnified as you mouseover, so that you can see it without right-clicking.  (Notably, I believe you cannot select it after right-clicking, which I think you should be able to do.)

The mouseover magnification is less necessary with stacking, but you can still have examples of many different Actions in your discard or in play (e.g., Black Market).

This