Jack of All Trades card issue

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbeermug

Noticed an abnormal move with the AI when it plays the Jack of All Trades card, where the Bot will often trash a Province or a Duchy card and then buy a lower value card or buy back that same card. I could see a very rare instance where trashing one of those moves could be appropriate but it's generally pretty odd and hurts the player doing it. May be a good idea to take a look at the underlying logic in the AI.

JunkDealer

Quote from: mrbeermug on 14 January 2017, 06:41:30 AM
Noticed an abnormal move with the AI when it plays the Jack of All Trades card, where the Bot will often trash a Province or a Duchy card and then buy a lower value card or buy back that same card. I could see a very rare instance where trashing one of those moves could be appropriate but it's generally pretty odd and hurts the player doing it. May be a good idea to take a look at the underlying logic in the AI.

Hi, mrbeermug

Since this post is now almost 2 weeks old without any kind of reply from a Moderator, I'll take the 2 minutes to respond.  I want you to know that I appreciate your reporting of issues and that this issue is not being ignored by ShuffleIt, but is on their list of issues to address.

This particular issue is a known one and will be corrected sometime in the future.  If you refer to the sticky post of  Known Bot Issues (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1218.0) you'll see under the subsection "Clealrly stupid plays" the following two points.

• trashing valuable cards
  • sometimes trashing whole deck

Again thanks for your post.  Please keep reporting issues as you find them as ShuffleIt's users are important to them.

Note to moderators:  This thread should probably be moved to be under the AI bugs subsection of the Bug Reports forum area.