News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Shuffling

Previous topic - Next topic

ffejselur

IRL when you have, say, 2 cards in your deck at the end of your turn, you'd (normally) be able to pick up and see those 2 cards before you shuffle and draw 3 more. The current log doesn't show this (although I believe MF did, right?), it just shows "x shuffles their deck" then "x draws ...(5 cards)". While not a huge deal, the way that mimics play IRL (and thus is more technically correct, right?) can be helpful for deck tracking (like, "I'd better count my treasures this time through the deck to see how I can increase my Palace points"). This may become a moot point once better animations are implemented -- although I guess the animations could make the same mistake of just throwing out 5 cards instead of separating those before and after the shuffle. Just wondering if this was/is being considered.

Watno

This is correct due to a second edition rule change. When you draw more cards than are left in your draw pile, you are now supposed to shuffle your discard pile, put it below the draw pile, and only then draw your cards.

ffejselur

Thanks. Found the rules. Even so, IRL continuing my example where the deck had 2 cards left at the end of a turn, after putting the shuffled discard pile beneath it then drawing 5 cards you would still be able to know what those 2 cards are whereas as the log currently functions, grouping like cards together and all, you cannot.