Mystic unable to guess travelers

Previous topic - Next topic

flaquito

I'm not sure if this is an interface bug or a card bug. When playing a Mystic, I'm unable to name a traveler. I knew exactly what was there due to Wandering Minstrel, but couldn't guess it.

tufftaeh

That's a known problem: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1226.0, "Related interface issues".
I hope this will be fixed really soon as it is the #1 problem in my view.

flaquito

I saw "Naming card you can't see a copy of" in the list, but wasn't sure if it was the same bug since the names of the travelers were there next to the supply. I can see that it possibly isn't "a copy of the card," since it's only the name and quantity left, but it's right-clickable to see details, which makes it seem like it is a visible copy of the card.

tufftaeh

You're right, it would be nice if you could click these small bars (indicating stacks which are not part of the supply) for naming. Currently, you can only click the top card on a real supply stack or an empty supply stack (to name the top card) or a card in your hand. There needs to be an additional way to select other cards (e.g. bought from Black Market). I assume Travellers will be handled the same way.

jamfamsam

I still couldn't choose Spoils as the card with Mystic.

JunkDealer

This was reported as fixed in the last release (1.1.0) with the little text box that lets you type in the name of a card.

I gave it a shot to confirm and you can name cards that aren't even in the kingdom now. 

"J wishes for Spoils but reveals Silver"

I also tried wishing for a Page, also not in the kingdom. 

The only issue I can see with this is of course the Blackmarket deck where you can't actually remember what that awesome card you want is called. I suppose that in real life you wouldn't be able to name it either so this could be a non-issue afterall. :P

Donald X.

Quote from: JunkDealer on 18 February 2017, 06:25:32 AM
I gave it a shot to confirm and you can name cards that aren't even in the kingdom now. 
That's as it should be.

JunkDealer

Sorry Donald X. I wasn't very clear.  I was trying to say that this is expected.  I should be able to name cards not in the kingdom.  Theoretically I could name the Superfralicagilistic card.  When the card I revealed didn't match that name I wouldn't get it :)

Thanks for adding the clarity I failed to add earlier.

AdamH

Normally in this case I name Bulbasaur.