Bot trashed 2 provinces for no reason

Previous topic - Next topic

Grando

I just had a game where the bot trashed 2 provinces and a copper on his second to last turn using his chapple for absolutely no reason (no events encouraged trashing or having fewer cards or anything like that).  Didn't realize bots could make such a big mistake as that.

gkrieg

Quote from: Grando on 18 January 2017, 11:04:23 PM
I just had a game where the bot trashed 2 provinces and a copper on his second to last turn using his chapple for absolutely no reason (no events encouraged trashing or having fewer cards or anything like that).  Didn't realize bots could make such a big mistake as that.

The current AI really likes trashing.  :)

They know about this and are fixing it.  In some respects the AI is much worse than MF, but I find it surprises me some of the time, like its use of masquerade can be very good!

wargames83

The AI is so eager to start trashing it will buy a chapel on the first turn of a 5/2 split, and then buy nothing the second turn.

ffejselur

That's not because of its eagerness to start trashing. It's because the "AI" is far from truly being a full AI(using machine learning, repeated simulations, etc. to evaluate ways to best reach a predetermined goal) at this point. In a lot of areas it's still a PHI(programmed human intelligence). Clearly there's a programmed hierarchy of what cards to buy at the start of the game that doesn't fully embrace the 2 turn nature of the opening and basically programs in "Chapel is a great card - buy it ASAP" just like it's programmed to always ban Gold when someone plays Contraband. I don't know what if any AI background the Si guys have, but clearly they know to work on this and it will continue to get better over time.