choosing kingdom cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn Bornemann

I have always only played with bots. I loved the adventures of the previous set up, and was working my way through seaside. I only want to play with bots, and I only want to play seaside, so that I become familiar with it before I buy the actual box edition. I have not been successful in selecting only seaside kingdom cards in the create table venue. Very dissapointed. I selected "not familiar with this edition" in the familiar cards except seaside, and tried everything I can think of to generate only seaside kingdom cards. It really doesn't matter what I do, or how many times I come back, I always have the same dang cards to choose from. Not happy, very frustrated. I don't want to play the base deck. I want to play bots with seaside. That is what I paid for. grrrr.

LaLight

Quote from: Dawn Bornemann on 20 January 2017, 06:05:31 AM
I have always only played with bots. I loved the adventures of the previous set up, and was working my way through seaside. I only want to play with bots, and I only want to play seaside, so that I become familiar with it before I buy the actual box edition. I have not been successful in selecting only seaside kingdom cards in the create table venue. Very dissapointed. I selected "not familiar with this edition" in the familiar cards except seaside, and tried everything I can think of to generate only seaside kingdom cards. It really doesn't matter what I do, or how many times I come back, I always have the same dang cards to choose from. Not happy, very frustrated. I don't want to play the base deck. I want to play bots with seaside. That is what I paid for. grrrr.

Hello! Make a table in the second Tab for 2 people, click  a button "Choose Kingdom Cards", uncheck everything but seaside and click Ready. You will play a bot with Seaside only :)

Dawn Bornemann

Hello! Make a table in the second Tab for 2 people, click  a button "Choose Kingdom Cards", uncheck everything but seaside and click Ready. You will play a bot with Seaside only :)

I have done this many, many times. If I press "done" after only selecting seaside, and press
"ready", I get an error "more cards required than available" If I then click choose kingdom cards again, only seaside is checked, but I always get the same cards available, with base cards.

Dawn Bornemann

No matter what I do, I always, always, always get the same cards to choose from. Most of which are base deck cards!!

TimSharrock

Quote from: Dawn Bornemann on 20 January 2017, 06:17:35 AM
... If I press "done" after only selecting seaside, and press
"ready", I get an error "more cards required than available" If I then click choose kingdom cards again, only seaside is checked, but I always get the same cards available, with base cards.

This may be your "familiar cards" settings. If seaside is not marked as familiar and your maximum unfamiliar cards is small then the randomizer will complain (it used to just set up a board with two piles of cards)