Opt out of leaderboard

Previous topic - Next topic

Elanchana

I know I asked this before, and there's at least one leaderboard-related thread around here somewhere, but I wanted to make this a separate thread for more visibility.

When you get the leaderboard/ratings feature done, I'd like an option to opt out of it. I would still technically have a rating for automatch purposes, but I wouldn't be able to see it and neither would my opponents. And I wouldn't show up on the leaderboard at all.

The reason for this is that ratings and rankings make some people (including me) nervous, and having to constantly check my rating on Goko/MF made games a lot less fun. I'd love for more poeple to be able to play for fun alone without having to worry about rankings, but still have the competitive aspect for those who want it, and not have to separate the two groups.

JW

Philip has said that this feature is planned: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15260.msg614299#msg614299

there'll likely be an option to opt out of the leaderboard (neither you nor anyone else can see your rank) and have your rating only be used by the system for match making purposes. Things like achievements could then deliver a sense of accomplishment to those who don't like the ranking.

Besides, I think Dominion itself offers enough opportunities to get your accomplishment fix: winning a game in an unexpected way, building a marvelously roaring engine, finally pulling off that elusive combo, you name it. Personally, I loved the game long before I got anywhere close to the top or even felt like I was moving forwards, and I would not have gotten there had I not loved it so much.

Elanchana

Quote from: JW on 20 January 2017, 10:21:24 PM
Philip has said that this feature is planned: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15260.msg614299#msg614299

there'll likely be an option to opt out of the leaderboard (neither you nor anyone else can see your rank) and have your rating only be used by the system for match making purposes. Things like achievements could then deliver a sense of accomplishment to those who don't like the ranking.

Besides, I think Dominion itself offers enough opportunities to get your accomplishment fix: winning a game in an unexpected way, building a marvelously roaring engine, finally pulling off that elusive combo, you name it. Personally, I loved the game long before I got anywhere close to the top or even felt like I was moving forwards, and I would not have gotten there had I not loved it so much.

Alright good. I don't go to f.ds all that much anymore, so thanks for letting me know.