Band of Misfits as Transmogrify

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeal

I am not get anything on a search so not sure if this has been reported yet. I played Band of Misfits as Transmogrify. It went to my Tavern Mat appropriately. The next turn when I wanted to call it, I was not given the option to do so. Fortunately I was able to end the game that turn or it just would have sat there. Game 655880 on Oregon.

TheSeal

I just read the previous post about the Overlord. Guessing this is the same thing. I suppose Donal X is the final word but both in Real Life and the previous online version, Misfit could be played to the tavern Mat and keep the character of the card played.

dscarpac

I can confirm that in the previous online version you could not call a Band of Misfits from your Tavern Mat.

In real life I suppose you can play any way you like, but that is not following the rules.

drsteelhammer

BoM only is the emulated card until it leaves the play area, and your tavern mat is not in your play area. The rules are very clearly defined here.

Also, I clearly remember it working the same way on MF, as I made the same mistake on the first day over there  :P

Picon

Quote from: TheSeal on 25 January 2017, 05:18:52 AM
I am not get anything on a search so not sure if this has been reported yet. I played Band of Misfits as Transmogrify. It went to my Tavern Mat appropriately. The next turn when I wanted to call it, I was not given the option to do so. Fortunately I was able to end the game that turn or it just would have sat there. Game 655880 on Oregon.
It is NOT a bug. When the Band of Misfits goes on the Tavern mat it leaves play, thus it stops being the card it was emulating, reverting to Band of Misfits. Therefore, there is no way to call it (back) or discard it otherwise, as there is no text on the actual BoM card. Same goes for Overlord.

The only useful Action-Reserve card to emulate, in a pinch, would be the Wine Merchant (with BoM+Ferry or Overlord). You WOULD get the +$4 and the +1 Buy, as these are the on-play instructions, but the card would remain forever on the Tavern mat until the end of the game.

TL;DR; Band of Misfits and Overlord do not work well with Reserve cards.

Donald X.

I confirm that it is not a bug; Band of Misfits on your Tavern mat reverts to being the printed card and has no ability for getting it off the mat.

santamonica811

Quote from: Donald X. on 28 January 2017, 07:55:56 AM
I confirm that it is not a bug; Band of Misfits on your Tavern mat reverts to being the printed card and has no ability for getting it off the mat.

Is this also true for BoM being played as Tactician (obviously, with some cost-lowering making it 4 or less that turn)?  It seems clear, from the above discussion, that you would have essentially trashed the BoM, since it will forever stay on the Tavern Mat.  But will it still yield the benefit of playing Tactician?  In other words, do you get the extra cards, action, and buy due to playing Tac originally?  Or, only when the card is taken back from the Tavern Mat?  (In which case, of course, you'd not get the benefit, since BoM/Tac would never be recalled.

I know there are cards that allow a player to hunt through her deck and select a card.  And ones that allow her to hunt through her discard pile and select a card.  Any card that does the same re the Tavern Mat? . . . this would mean that a wrongly-played BoM might, in fact, be able to be recovered.

Icehawk78

Duration cards do not move to your tavern mat, they stay in play, and thus do not lose their copied abilities.

Dwedit

I think the game should have some kind of warning against doing something like that (playing a Band of Misfits as a tavern mat card, or playing Prince with a Tavern Mat/Duration card).  Maybe a yellow exclamation point overlaid on the card or something.