Weird new idea for streamers?

Previous topic - Next topic

Elanchana

I remember when Goko was still the main platform and all the biggest competitive streamed games were set up very complexly on TeamViewer so that all the viewers could see both hands. Now that there's spectator mode, that's become unnecessary - and I just thought of a way to take it a step further for ALL streams.

• Create a second account (I'd probably call mine ElaStreamWatcher or something)
  • Open two windows of different browsers, one with each account*
  • Set up a stream that only sees the second account's window
  • Enable spectators and start a game on your main account
  • Enter the game with your second account as a spectator

(*This is the only part I'm unsure about - I don't know if you can be logged into two different accounts on the same IP address regardless of browser.)

So this way, all of your viewers can see BOTH players' hands, but you can only see your own. You'd have to make sure your opponent knows you're not cheating - and by the way, don't cheat with this! - but if they trust you then you're good to go. The only thing I can think of that would mess it up is if the stream chat gave the opponent's hand away, but that can be solved by not reading the chat or something.

allanfieldhouse

Seems like a lot of hassle to give your viewers that extra little bit of info that you're missing. For the most part, I'm fine with just seeing the streamer's hand.

That said, if you don't mind going through the extra steps, it would make for a better viewing experience when the opponent has long, complicated turns.

ravi

Isn't it easier to ask your viewers to go spectate your table rather than this? They can listen along with the audio of your stream and then they can check cards, trash, etc. whenever they feel like it.

WhiteRabbit1981

Some viewers (me) want to watch the stream later on YouTube or something  :) so real-time spectate wont help much.

Edge case: Spectator wants to see the stream, but does not want to create an account hisself.

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: ravi on 30 January 2017, 09:52:48 AM
Isn't it easier to ask your viewers to go spectate your table rather than this? They can listen along with the audio of your stream and then they can check cards, trash, etc. whenever they feel like it.

The audio from Twitch won't be synced up right for someone spectating through the client. Twitch has a delay, so you'd see things happen in client before it showed up on the audio.

And this also requires viewers to have 2 tabs open for this one purpose. And the interface sucks for trying to find a specific table to spectate. Basically, don't make viewers jump through extra hoops -- they probably won't do it.