How do you find the game number?

Previous topic - Next topic

jeebus

I've asked this before when I've made a bug report, but nobody has bothered to answer. I've also seen other people ask it.

I see that many bug reports state a game number and something like "in frankfurt". How do I find this info?

Watno

It comes up in the chatbox when you start a game.

santamonica811

Quote from: Watno on 01 February 2017, 07:55:09 PM
It comes up in the chatbox when you start a game.

What does it mean when 2 different game numbers come up.  For example (and I'm just making these up completely), I have played a game where it says, "82134 from Tokyo" and also "82755 from Tokyo."  Why would there be two different IDs for one card combination???

Obviously, if the code was merely a 5 digit code, it would cover only 100,000 [minus one] possible game combinations.  And, with the number of Dom. cards, there are--essentially--an infinite number of possible games.  Why the city codes added to the end?  Is this some sort of secret CIA code, so that we are making the world safe from terrorist attacks while also having fun playing the game?  :)

On one hand; I'd like to do my part in making America safe.

On the other hand; I'd hate to do anything that benefited President Trump in any way, shape, or form.

So, what is the "secret history" [hat tip: Donald X] behind using city names in the identification of individual games.  Inquiring minds wanna know.

Watno

It's just a consecutive numbering of games. Multiple numbers might be in the chatbox because the chat doesn't clear in between games. The most recent one is of the game you are currently playing.

santamonica811

Quote from: Watno on 01 February 2017, 08:27:42 PM
It's just a consecutive numbering of games. Multiple numbers might be in the chatbox because the chat doesn't clear in between games. The most recent one is of the game you are currently playing.

Yeah; that's just what you'd say if you were a secret CIA operative.   ;D

[really, thanks for the info.  Is "the most recent one" the name/number the one that's above or below the second one?]

Watno

Ingix

A question to the mods/people from ShuffleIT: Is the game number actually of any use to you right now? Can you pull up some log and see what happened or is this (at the moment) not yet implemented?

Stef

Quote from: Ingix on 01 February 2017, 09:34:21 PM
A question to the mods/people from ShuffleIT: Is the game number actually of any use to you right now? Can you pull up some log and see what happened or is this (at the moment) not yet implemented?

I can pull that up indeed. It's still a bit cumbersome though. The next release will make it a lot easier (and probably also allow you to do so).