Duration Area, Archive/Haven/Gear etc.

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

When I hover over my name to see the duration area, there is no way for me to see what cards are being set aside with Haven, Archive, etc. (other than to try and find it in the game log). It would be nice if those cards were displayed here somehow.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: AdamH on 05 February 2017, 12:11:17 AM
When I hover over my name to see the duration area, there is no way for me to see what cards are being set aside with Haven, Archive, etc. (other than to try and find it in the game log). It would be nice if those cards were displayed here somehow.

Yes, please.

zeruf

I completely agree. You can see what is facedown on your native village mat... why can't you see what is face down on your gear? Also, I know this may be the plan in the future but it would be nice to have a way to see duration cards / mats without hovering like it was before. It gets annoying especially with native village having to hover all the time. I have to play a native village to add a card to the mat, then hover over my name when I play another native village that turn to see what was added and therefore whether or not I want to put another card on the mat or put them in my hand... it gets annoying having to move the mouse so much

TimSharrock

and hover is not generally possible when using a touchscreen as your only input device

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: zeruf on 05 February 2017, 07:27:06 AM
it would be nice to have a way to see duration cards / mats without hovering

The obvious solution (at least I think so) is to have 3 tabs for the log area: log, trash, and durations/reserves. Right now it functionally works like 2 tabs (plus the hover feature), but it's just not displayed that way. This would also allow for displaying both player's durations simultaneously.

Icehawk78

I was looking into this earlier, and it looks like the functionality simply hasn't been entirely built yet - without looking at the log, the game client doesn't actually have a way of knowing which cards have been set aside by which cards.

Unfortunately, this also means that the functionality can't be modded in as of yet.

It would be possible to mod in showing which cards as a whole have been set aside, but if you have, say, 3 Archives in play, you'd just see all six cards, and not which ones are grouped together. I'm not sure if this would be better or worse than the alternative.

markus

When there are multiple Havens set aside and one can pick the order of resolving at the beginning of turn (in my case because of Guide), the interface (log) should tell the contents of each Haven - similar to how it does with Archive. In my case it mattered, because I only wanted to have the Tunnel in hand before calling a Guide.

Not being able to see the set-aside cards other than at the beginning of turn is especially annoying with Archive, as it's difficult to figure out from the log which cards are still contained in each.