Summons & Soothsayer

Previous topic - Next topic

MaartenRobinson

A question ....

I played Summons (event costing 5) and gained a Bishop ...set aside to be put into my hand at the start of my next turn.

My oppo played Soothsayer, giving me a curse and a copper and drawing a card from my deck to put into my hand.
The card it drew was the Bishop,that I had set aside to put into my hand at the start of my next turn.

When we play this with real cards, the bishop doesn't come to me as a result of the Soothsayer but only at the start of my next turn.

Am I mistaken?

Lotoreo

Its always easier to see whats going on if you include the relevant part of the log. Also, for mods/admins to look at your log, you need to provide the number of the game, which you find in the chat.

To come to your question: that definately is not supposed to happen. Are you sure you did not have a second bishop in your deck, that you drew due to the soothsayer?

I find one problem in your question:
Quoteset aside to be put into my hand at the start of my next turn.
That is not correct. It is not "put into your hand", but automatically played at the beginning of the next turn. So you never see it in your hand. Maybe that it what in deed happend, and since it was not what you expected, you did not realize?

ffejselur

First of all this is incorrect:
Quote from: MaartenRobinson on 06 February 2017, 12:54:54 PM
My oppo played Soothsayer, giving me a curse and a copper
Soothsayer only gives you a curse (Mountebank gives a curse and a copper). What should happen: you draw 5 cards; opponent plays Soothsayer, putting a Curse in your discard pile and causing you to draw a 6th card; oppo's turn ends and your Summoned Bishop is played. So at this point you have a played Bishop and 6 cards in your hand. Is this what happened? If so, that is correct.