Deck reports incorrect number of cards while revealing

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I play an Ironmonger, I draw one card. I have one card left in my deck to reveal. I look at that card, and while I'm looking at that card in the reveal window, the display still shows my deck as having one card in it, even though it's empty.

I haven't tested it for other cases (maybe this only happens when there is one card left in deck or something), but in this case, my deck should show that it's empty since the card in my reveal-area is not in my deck or discard or anything.

ffejselur

I think that when you reveal cards the display still counts them as being in your deck. It's not just Ironmonger or with 1 card in your deck. I got unwanted reshuffles several times before I figured this out. I wish they'd fix this, too.

AdamH

Like, it would count as being in your deck if the game ended right then, which is impossible.

But the card is not on my deck, it's in my left hand and I'm revealing it. While I'm deciding what to do with that card, often times I want to know how many cards are in my deck, and it's important for that number to be accurate.

At the very least, it needs to be consistent with other cards like Apothecary, Patrol, etc. which report cards in reveal-land as not being on the deck.

ffejselur

It's been a while since this got me -- I'm certain it's not just Ironmonger -- Magpie comes to mind, too, but if you say it works ok for Apothecary, ... I guess we'll have to alert them on a case by case basis which cards aren't programmed properly.

McFly

I agree that Ironmonger should be consistent with Apothecary etc. but when you reveal the top card of your deck, obviously that card is on top of your deck and therefore in your deck. I think cards in your deck should be shown to be in your deck rather than in magical-reveal-land.

yed

It should be clear if the card is in the deck when revealed. It is not clear now.

AdamH

Quote from: McFly on 09 February 2017, 06:01:19 PM
when you reveal the top card of your deck, obviously that card is on top of your deck and therefore in your deck. I think cards in your deck should be shown to be in your deck rather than in magical-reveal-land.

I'm not 100% positive on this, only like 95.55%, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I believe "magical-reveal-land" is where the card is while you're playing Ironmonger, which is different from your deck.

werothegreat

Similar - when an opponent plays a Masquerade, their card gets passed to me before I pass mine to them.  So I briefly see 4 Coppers before my Copper gets passed over.

Donald X.

Quote from: AdamH on 09 February 2017, 06:25:40 PM
I'm not 100% positive on this, only like 95.55%, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I believe "magical-reveal-land" is where the card is while you're playing Ironmonger, which is different from your deck.
Correct, the cards are in magical-reveal-land. Consider Lookout trashing Overgrown Estate.