Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna156

sorry if this has been asked/posted before but I have a question.

Earlier today I was playing with an immature ass who kept trying to undo a buy he made on one play after seeing his next hand after his turn was complete. I didn't accept and it played through my turn. He kept on trying the undo and i either kept playing or declining. Then when it was his turn again, all he would do was hit the undo. He would wait a little bit, but it was technically in 'my court' when i would decline. After waiting a ridiculously long time on one of these BS undo requests, I hit the decline button and it immediately popped up asking if I would like to force him to resign. I said yes to this, but i am curious if i was finally asked that because it was technically his turn and it just took 5 minutes (or whatever the time is) or if because he hit the undo a bazillion times and wouldn't play. I would like to know for future if i have this problem if i can just leave the -decline-accept- up for 5 minutes hit decline eventually and force the a-hole to resign even though it would technically be waiting on me?

Philip

If your opponent doesn't take any action for 4 minutes you can make him resign. This is independent of any outstanding undo requests, which don't count towards anything because an answer to them isn't needed for the game to continue.

Ranna156

Thank you. Such a relief to know this going forward. They can still be a troll by taking forever to play each card...but this is good to know and also good to be able to force a resign. How does forcing someone to resign in a multi-player game work? Does everyone have to agree? Also, if a bot is one of the players, what will they do?

Stef

Quote from: Ranna156 on 07 February 2017, 06:06:24 AM
Thank you. Such a relief to know this going forward. They can still be a troll by taking forever to play each card...but this is good to know and also good to be able to force a resign. How does forcing someone to resign in a multi-player game work? Does everyone have to agree? Also, if a bot is one of the players, what will they do?

Undo requests have to be granted by all opponents.
Forced timeout can be triggered by any one opponent.

Bots will never time you out, and will always grant your undo requests.

Ranna156

Thank you for clarifying that Stef!