[Not a Bug] Procession + Amulet: Procession doesn't stay out

Previous topic - Next topic

Picon

I played Procession on Amulet; Amulet was played twice and I got the on-play effect and the next-effect turn twice.
Amulet was normally trashed and I gained a $4 card.

However, Procession did NOT stay out in play but was instead discarded, even though I received the Amulet's effect twice on the next turn.

Watno

This is correct according to a new ruling by Donald. Cards playing a  duration multiple times now get discarded at the end of the turn if the card they played multiple times is no longer in play.

Picon

Quote from: Watno on 07 February 2017, 12:56:12 PM
This is correct according to a new ruling by Donald. Cards playing a  duration multiple times now get discarded at the end of the turn if the card they played multiple times is no longer in play.
Thanks for the reply, Watno! :) Source of this new ruling? As far as I've seen, the DS Wiki has not been updated yet:

QuoteProcession remains out even though the Duration has been trashed, and remains in play until the Duration would have been discarded (if at all).

This would mean that with Procession + Hireling, you would draw +2 cards at the beginning of each new turn but without anything remaining in play to track it, right? I know there was a rule change in Adventures regarding Throne Room variants on Duration cards (they stay out always), but even at that point, DXV would state that Procession would stay out.

Watno

This rule change is in the Empires rulebook:
QuoteAdditionally, if a card such as Throne Room plays a Duration card
multiple times, that card also stays in play until the Duration card leaves play, to track the fact that
the Duration card was played multiple times.

Picon

Quote from: Watno on 07 February 2017, 01:53:20 PM
This rule change is in the Empires rulebook:
QuoteAdditionally, if a card such as Throne Room plays a Duration card
multiple times, that card also stays in play until the Duration card leaves play, to track the fact that
the Duration card was played multiple times.
Thanks, I also found the related discussion @ DS.