Is there a way to improve quick match settings?

Previous topic - Next topic

ATTACKBOAT

Because of the defaults of the game (only base game known, max unfamiliar cards 2) many Quick Match boards are de facto Base Game boards.

These are terrible and I'm uninterested in playing them. Is there a way to improve the variety? I even marked the base set as unknown to me and put max unknown cards at 1.

Dwedit

If you had an old account, you can use Good Match, and get matched with people less likely to use default settings.

Watno

Good match will only match you with people familiar with most of the cards you are familiar with.

LastFootnote

I too would love an option that doesn't care about rating, but also doesn't constantly match me with base-set-only players.

ehunt

yes, this is a serious problem. "Good match" is only reliable at certain times of day, and "quick match" often forces you into a base-heavy game
(not just base-heavy, but usually the same 7 base cards: chapel, village, workshop, gardens, smithy, festival, witch, show up in addition to a few rotating cards and sometimes events/landmarks.)

Jacob Marley

I get what you are saying, but at the same time there is a fundamental conflict involved.  The point of quick match is to get you into a game in the minimum time possible.  Searching for someone with compatible familiar card lists will slow that down, at which point you might as well just use good match, and set a larger range of ratings for your opponent. 

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: ehunt on 09 February 2017, 10:28:02 PM
yes, this is a serious problem. "Good match" is only reliable at certain times of day, and "quick match" often forces you into a base-heavy game
(not just base-heavy, but usually the same 7 base cards: chapel, village, workshop, gardens, smithy, festival, witch, show up in addition to a few rotating cards and sometimes events/landmarks.)

This is really frustrating at the moment. I hope that a tweak to the "Familiar Cards" logic will solve it. As I understand it, at the moment there is no automated process by which cards are moved from "unfamiliar" to "familiar" for a user.