Black Market forcing me to put my HAND back, not able to buy

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda B

This has happened to me a couple of times now, instead of putting the Black Market cards back, I am forced to give up my hand, and not allowed my regular Buy phase because of it.

(I did see in the list for this forum, "Black Market doesn't allow you to choose the order you put cards back in, and you can't see the Black Market deck" but that's not what is happening here.)

Rabid

tufftaeh

I guess you had bought something from the Black Market? This buy triggers the Haunted Woods effect, so you have to put all cards in your hand back on top of your deck. I just tried this and could not reproduce "No buy" (from Black Market) to have that effect as well. (The log shows "gains a <card from Black Market>" only after topdecking the hand cards.)

Ingix

I can confirm with tufftaeh that this is not a bug but the correct interaction between Black Market and Haunted Woods. I reprodcued the scenario in game #1215575 on my turn 6.

As tufftaeh noted, the 'suprising' part may be that the topdecking effect of Haunted Woods happens before the card from Black Market is gained, but that is due to Haunted Woods triggering on 'buy', not 'gain'.

@Linda B: If you have questions about the explanations, feels free to ask!