Sentry card won't show trash options

Previous topic - Next topic

Livo

Hi,

Not sure if this is an ipad issue, but I can't play with Sentrys as I don't get shown my trash options. All it shows is a blank rectangular outline and then the trash? or discard? r equest. Same happens when my opponent plays a Sentry, just a blank box pops up briefly. I'm getting so frustrated because often there are no other cards that offer a trash option.

Is there a way to fix this? And if not, can I deselect Sentrys in the Familiar card area so Im not at a disadvantage in the games
I play?

Watno

Livo

About a week ago, was fine beforehand. The same thing is happening on my PC. I checked my internet settings and pop-ups are allowed etc.

I can only tell what cards are there by what's written on the log. But that doesn't help me select/ deselect them for trashing.

Philip

Quote from: Livo on 13 February 2017, 12:26:19 AM
About a week ago, was fine beforehand. The same thing is happening on my PC. I checked my internet settings and pop-ups are allowed etc.

Can you post a screenshot from your PC? Does it behave like this in both Chrome and Firefox? Do other cards that have reveal functionality (e.g. Cartographer) work fine? Does the browser console show any errors?

JunkDealer

Just a note that the original post indicates this was on an iPad.

I'll also note, for further data in trying to resolve this, that I tested this on my PC and my iPad mini 2 (both with Chrome) and could not reproduce it.

Good luck.  If I get a chance I'll check safari on the iPad as well.

Philip

Quote from: JunkDealer on 13 February 2017, 04:44:47 PM
Just a note that the original post indicates this was on an iPad.

I know, but he reported the same behavior on PC, where it's much easier to collect data from.

I can't reproduce it on either PC, Mac or iPad.

Livo

Hi, Ok I've had a chance to play with a sentry again. I've taken a couple of screen dumps. I can zoom in on my laptop screen, and on closer inspection it shows the cards, but just so tiny it looks like an empty box.

If I zoom in even more, it suddenly shows the cards, but upside down!

I've attached a Word doc with two screen dumps showing this. In the first screen dump, you can just see the tiny trash option cards behind the shaded 'One Action, One buy' box.

In the second one, when I've zoomed in further, they've reappeared but flipped over. Everything else goes tiny and the log disappears. Help!!

Btw, the same thing happens if my opponent plays a sentry - their cards are tiny too. It's not just the Sentry - happens with all cards where you are given an option of cards to trash/ discard/ reorder etc.

yed

As a workaround you can try resizing the window to different ratio. Looks like your screen is widther than usually.

JunkDealer

I also found the size of the cards got significantly bigger by going full screen on my PC.  I also found the best fount layout for me was when I zoomed out to 63%.  The fonts for the VP counter and name acutally got bigger when I zoomed out.  There's some wacky size calculations going on in this thing :)