How do I disable the sound

Previous topic - Next topic

robperry

Imagine my surprise when I was playing during an online meeting.  Love the game, but I am surprised that sound would be implemented with the default on.  Plus, I don't seem to see a way to turn it off. 

Thanks in advance,

Philip

For now you can right click your browser tab and select "Mute Tab". We'll add an option to disable sounds soon.

robperry

I didn't know you could do that, thanks!  This is great for meetings :)

robperry

I can't wait to disable the sound.  I keep forgetting the sound defaults on.  Everything is soooooo quite.  I'm in a meeting, then all of the sudden the end game chime blurts out!  Come on guys, default the sound off.

matze345

Quote from: Philip on 21 February 2017, 04:01:54 PM
For now you can right click your browser tab and select "Mute Tab". We'll add an option to disable sounds soon.
This sound is so useless, please turn it off! Or set the default to "no sounds".
Dominion is kind of meditation for me. Which is ending suddenly with this ... noise.
Which player needs a sound to notice that the game is over?
By the way the mute option e.g. in Firefox doesn't mute totally - you still hear a short cracking and then the muting suppresses the noise...
Regards, Mathias

zipzip

It's pretty suprising that the option to turn off sound wasn't implemented from the start.

It's 101 stuff for general websites these days, and it's hard to find games that don't have the option to disable sound.

mark1878

Not all browsers have mute sound. Using Vivaldi and Safari here.

Altamont

Quote from: mark1878 on 06 April 2017, 12:20:59 PM

And it doesnt work with my current version of chrome (i mute tab and music still plays)

yed

Quote from: Altamont on 13 April 2017, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: mark1878 on 06 April 2017, 12:20:59 PM

And it doesnt work with my current version of chrome (i mute tab and music still plays)

It is now possible to disable sound in Options.