Malta's (many) suggestions

Previous topic - Next topic

Malta

Bugs/problems:
*Sometimes, the games just freeze permanently. I had one where I returned 8-9 hours later. It was still running and I had to resign.
*Tower is not displaying the points correctly on the scoresheet, though it does seem to add the correct number of points to the total score.
*Arena continues asking you to discard even after the last VP have been removed.
*With Market Square: "You thrash a Rats and...*DRAW INSTRUCTIONS*"
*Undo often goes back really far instead of just one step. Having to replay 3-5 turns is incredibly annoying and there's no guarantee the game will develop in the same way.
*Bought Colony in a game where it had Embargo on it and Hoard was in play. I was asked whether I wanted Curse or Gold first, though Curse was empty!
*January 28th: Everything normal when playing Dominion online from my Laptop. January 29th: When battles end, both vs. the computer and vs. other players, the game freezes, refusing to go to the win/loss screen. Haven't seen this on my regular PC.

Not true bugs, but stuff that could be adjusted:
*When you don't want to topdeck your copper with the first Herbalist, it's fairly pointless that the second and third Herbalist asks you.
*Why does Scheme insist on asking you to top-deck cards after the game is over?
*It's way too easy to click a treasure card by accident when you're trying to get a victory card or the other way around. A bit of space between them would help reduce the frequency of this problem.
*Sauna is currently a pain in the (you know what)! It is hard to use it right, easy to misclick (generating many undos) and slows the game down by an extreme amount if you have several of them, as it asks you over and over.

Requests:
*Customization of VP supply piles, number of cards in deck, number of decks needed to finish, card balance (so you can avoid games with purely expensive or cheap cards)
*The ability set up games to exclude individual cards, rather than entire expansions.
*Sounds when game expects input from you would help you avoid slowing things down accidentally.
*A way of communicating with friends in the game without being at the same table.
*Would be nice to set up some standard options that don't disappear when you log out.
*Automatic copper play when Grand Market is available is annoying. I really liked that the old version didn't autoplay them, but that you could manually play them if you wanted to.
*Being able to select all actions with Inn would save a lot of time.
*Having to show Moat many times in a row in attack-heavy games is somewhat repetitive. An auto-moat feature perhaps?

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: Malta on 22 February 2017, 09:43:43 PM
*Arena continues asking you to discard even after the last VP have been removed.
You are allowed to keep using the Arena ability even once the the VP are gone, and there are a few scenarios where you'd want to do this (Haunted Woods, planning to return to Action phase with Villa and play a Library (or similar card), likely some others).

*Why does Scheme insist on asking you to top-deck cards after the game is over?
The scenario here is pretty obscure, but with Scheme it is possible to both gain a Madman and keep the Hermit if you choose to Scheme a Hermit and buy no cards. This can impact the scoring of a few Victory cards and Landmarks. I can't think of another case but there could be one.

LibraryAdventurer

*The ability set up games to exclude individual cards, rather than entire expansions.
There is a (fiddly, non-obvious) way to do this now. Under the familiar cards tab, set cards you want to exclude as unfamiliar and set non-familiar cards allowed to zero.

Jacob Marley

I've played a couple of sauna games and had no problems, I think it's fine as is.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Jacob Marley on 23 February 2017, 06:13:39 PM
I've played a couple of sauna games and had no problems, I think it's fine as is.

I agree (mostly). My only small complaint is the random order of auto playing treasures.

ThetaSigma12

Matters with Villa, Haunted Woods, etc. So it's not a bug.

fisherman

*Tower is not displaying the points correctly on the scoresheet, though it does seem to add the correct number of points to the total score.

This seems to be fixed now.