Undo and Timeout

Previous topic - Next topic

Polk5440

I had an opponent request (and I denied) the same undo about ten times in a row before proceeding with his turn. I am wondering if there is potential for abuse here? If I ignore an undo request, will my opponent still time out after four minutes? Does the timer start over with every denial or request of an undo?

I would recommend restricting undo requests so that once a denial is issued so many times in a turn (say 3 or so), a new undo request cannot be issued by the player until the next turn. And limit the number of undo requests per game per player.

Philip

Undo requests don't affect time-out. What I would do if my opponent issues the same undo request for the third time in a row is just ignore the thing and let him time out. Either he comes to his senses or it's, quite literally, his loss.

mark1878

How does the opponent time out - he presses the undo request immediately. It is the denyer that times out as he has the undo request waiting to be granted or denied.

Stef

Quote from: mark1878 on 24 February 2017, 01:45:39 PM
How does the opponent time out - he presses the undo request immediately. It is the denyer that times out as he has the undo request waiting to be granted or denied.

Undo requests are not "normal" game actions. This would be more clear to you if you could see the actual clock ticking down - undo requests simply have no effect on them. So whoever was supposed to act before the undo request is still supposed to act, and can in fact time out after a couple of minutes.

Polk5440

JunkDealer

Can this not lead to abuse?  Playing an unscrupulous player where you request an undo all they have to do is ignore it and wait and they'll win?  Or am I missing something?

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: JunkDealer on 25 February 2017, 01:20:57 AM
Can this not lead to abuse?  Playing an unscrupulous player where you request an undo all they have to do is ignore it and wait and they'll win?  Or am I missing something?

You can cancel your own undo request.