Nocturne with Bots

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Markus,
The problem was cleared up.  Or, it was an odds-defying experience yesterday (on the order of one out of 64,000,000 against it happening by chance).

Regardless, Nocturne cards are now occasionally showing up in my 'bot games.  Have not yet played real players, but I'm guessing that Nocturne cards are showing up there as well.

santamonica811

NEW UPDATE:
One day later, and the problem has emerged again.

Attempt One:  All kingdoms selected.  I "played" [including just starting and immediately resigning, to see the board] a ton of games, as had been suggested, above.  Not a single Nocturne card.  0 for 15 games.

Attempt Two:  Deselected several kingdoms, so only playing with: Base, Corn, Hinter, Dark, Guild, Advent, Emp, Noc.  Not a single Nocturne card, ever.  0 for 10 games.

Attempt Three: Deselected even more kingdom, so only playing with: Base, Adv, Emp, Noc.
Nope, no Nocturne cards again.  0 for 10 games.

Attempt Four.  Only played with Base and Noc.  0 for 5 games.

Attempt Five: Only played with Noc.  This DID give me Noc cards.

Attempt Six: Re-selected Base, to replicated Attempt Four.  Nope... no Noc cards again!!!

I am at my wit's end.  I have no idea why this is happening, nor why it (apparently) is happening only to me?!?!!! Or why it happened, then stopped, then started again.  :)

{Note: When at least one kingdom has been deselected, you get a helpful list of the 'active' kingdoms at the main matching page.  This list is clearly showing that "respect familiar cards" is enabled, and that Nocturne is recognized as a selected kingdom.}

Mic Qsenoch

My best guess is that Nocturne cards are not marked Familiar. Unchecking "Respect Familiar Cards" would at least test if this was the issue.

santamonica811

Mic,
Much thanks.  Based on your response, I figured out the problem, and it was on my end.  When Nocturne came out, I had checked the box next to "Noc" to make sure that kingdom was selected...along with all the other kingdoms, of course.

But that is not enough.  I also needed to go into the Familiar Cards tab and then select all the cards for Nocturne.  I guess I had done that, long ago, for the other kingdoms, but had not remembered this additional step needed to be done.

Now it is working fine.  For now, at least.  :-)