stay away from list

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna156

i play a lot so i thought i would start a thread to make a list of people to stay away from...speaking of which is there a way to 'ban' someone from being matched with you if you hit quick match or good match?

1. Name Removed - didn't like the third deal compared to mine. Said it wasn't fair and continued to take 5 minutes to play every. single. time. he had something to do. This board had governor so needless to say it took forever.

Jacob Marley

I think that this kind of public "Name and Shame" system is not the correct way to address this issue.  The problem is that it is subjective and furthermore, open to abuse from players who get annoyed at play most of us would consider legitimate and post false information to damage the reputation of their opponent unfairly.  Furthermore, using automatch would still allow someone to be matched with a person they want to avoid no matter what they say in the forum.  Eventually, we will hopefully have the blacklist function to address this issue.  The best thing you can do now (and in the future) is reports this behavior to the developers and they can take disciplinary action against the offenders. 

Ranna156

Quote from: Jacob Marley on 27 March 2017, 10:37:04 PM
I think that this kind of public "Name and Shame" system is not the correct way to address this issue.  The problem is that it is subjective and furthermore, open to abuse from players who get annoyed at play most of us would consider legitimate and post false information to damage the reputation of their opponent unfairly.  Furthermore, using automatch would still allow someone to be matched with a person they want to avoid no matter what they say in the forum.  Eventually, we will hopefully have the blacklist function to address this issue.  The best thing you can do now (and in the future) is reports this behavior to the developers and they can take disciplinary action against the offenders. 

I agree to a degree on your first statement. However, isn't this considered reporting? Also, that is why i put a description of the issue I had with this person. This was a game that i didn't do anything other than play the cards I was dealt and didn't buy or play any attack cards. I think it is fine to warn others of immature a-holes they might come across and it is up to them to decide how to handle it. He decided to punish me for a computer generated deal that he didn't like and that i had no control over. His claiming of it 'not being fair' is ridiculous in card games. Chance is part of the game.

I do agree though that 'issues' are usually very subjective and I will be the first to admit that I have done things myself that I am sure people would say "don't play with that person because ...". This wasn't the case here. Also I have kept my own list of people to not play with but that was on the old forum when i could control who could join my table. This forum is too hard to start a table where anyone can join so i do the matching.

They apparently still have a lot of work to do and it is frustrating that is is almost April and we still can't easily start a game with 3+ people.

Stef

Reporting can be done through a PM to one of the moderators or administrators either here or on discord.
(until we get an in-game concept for that)

And sorry it's hard to find 3+ people matches now.