Missing the most after 2 months

Previous topic - Next topic

Polk5440

1) Make game playable without looking  at -- or at least clicking in -- the log.
2) Implement more animations, visual cues, and better graphic as to make 1) possible and the game overall more like a complete game.
3) Implement solutions like dedicated apps in order to be able to play on more mobile devices.

kieranmillar

1) Cards automatically marked as familiar when seen so that we can stop playing mostly vanilla games.
2) Inheritance.

ravi

1) A game playable without the log
2) Ability to easily challenge online friends to a game
3) Better implementation of mats/durations

SkyHard

Top 1: make the money played "en block" (i.e. not one at a time if I click on play all). It is really really annoying!
2) Sound when I have to do something. Maybe different depending on reaction or start of turn.
3) Better visuals: duration, buy, etc. Shorten the log to the essential. I don't need to know every small step of my opponent.
3) Blacklist

tracer

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: SkyHard on 02 March 2017, 05:24:04 PM
Top 1: make the money played "en block" (i.e. not one at a time if I click on play all). It is really really annoying!

I don't think this is possible or accurate according to the rules of the game, For example, if I have a Sauna or two in play, my Silvers have to be played one at a time.

SkyHard

Quote from: Cave-O-Sapien on 03 March 2017, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: SkyHard on 02 March 2017, 05:24:04 PM

I don't think this is possible or accurate according to the rules of the game, For example, if I have a Sauna or two in play, my Silvers have to be played one at a time.

Agreed, in that case it would be stupid to play all money, but so is playing coppers before the first silver. It could at least be changed to all money at the same time if they don't have any side effects. That would be accurate and should be possible too.

AdamH

1. Make it easier to understand what's happening during my opponent's turn. 99% of this can be done by making any card gained during my opponent's turn dance in front of me before going wherever else it goes. The other 1% can be done by printing the money and buys that each player has in the log at the start of each buy phase.

2. Put some time and thought into the "new player experience." I don't feel like typing everything out, but the philosophy of having to come to these forums (which are hard to find from the actual game page) and complain, just to have someone tell you a workaround for many of this, is not a sustainable thing. If you're not going to fix these things promptly, then at least make a tutorial or something to show people how to use this thing.

jeebus

My top two:

1. Playable without the log.
2. Fix all the bugs in how the cards work (which includes tokens not appearing and even Journey token being the wrong way). EDIT: Also that there is no way to know where set-aside cards can be seen. You have to already know to hover over your user name, which usually means reading it in the forum. I consider this a bug.

These two are way, way above any new features, such as adding Stash or inheritence, logs or leaderboards. Fix bugs before you add new stuff.

Funhaver

1. Sound notification when it's my turn to do something (beginning of my turn, respond to an attack, et c.).

2. Ratings/leaderboard.

3. Past game log, showing the game ID and player names (in turn order). Click the game ID to see the kingdom cards. Click a special button (or column heading?) to reveal the winner and/or the number of turns taken; another button to set up a table with that kingdom.

In general, I'd prefer to see smaller, more frequent updates, at least for the time being. There are some excellent suggestions in this and other threads that don't seem terribly time intensive. The last release was about two weeks ago, and I trust that you've been working hard since then. I'd love to see your progress!

zeruf

1. Leaderboard

I'm hoping that the length of time since last release means that this is being implemented soon, since I've read multiple places that this was the 'next' thing to fix/add.

edit:
I read it under top priorities for 2017 which was posted back in December.

Top priorities in 2017:
1. Add retrievable gamelogs, rating, leaderboard

SkyHard

Quote from: Funhaver on 06 March 2017, 10:42:48 PM
In general, I'd prefer to see smaller, more frequent updates, at least for the time being. There are some excellent suggestions in this and other threads that don't seem terribly time intensive. The last release was about two weeks ago, and I trust that you've been working hard since then. I'd love to see your progress!

I agree. More small updates would be nice.

zeruf

I agree that there needs to be more communication. I feel like they are being ambiguous and non-specific so that they don't miss a deadline and then have to deal with a bunch of people who are like 'you said this would be done by April 1st, why isn't it done yet?' And then they'd be like 'You fool!'. *laughs internally*

allanfieldhouse

Remove all log interaction.
Reduce necessity of log through better animations (and an option to turn these animations off).
Better "game state" interface. This includes durations, reserves, duration attacks against you, etc.
Better AI. Doesn't have to be great at this point, but MF level would be nice.
General "new player experience" improvements.

LibraryAdventurer

1- game state stuff like allan said (including fixing the journey token so it isn't backwards).

2- Inheritance

3- sortable tables and/or some way to make it easier to play against friends.