Missing the most after 2 months

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertz Doughnut

From most-desired to least-desired...

For the PC:

• A sound when I need to make a decision (e.g. start my turn, discard to Militia, grant an undo, etc.)
  • Markers to show when I'm being attacked by Swamp Hag, Haunted Woods, Enchantress... also when I have a -1 card (Relic), or -1 coin (Bridge Troll), or they have a Lighthouse/Champion in play.
  • Improved game clock
For my tablet:

I'd also like to see rapid releases.  It'd be awesome to see an update every day fixing a tiny nuisance and leave the big projects (like Inheritance) for the end.

Keep up the great work, SI!

Kind regards,
HD

Jacob Marley

Quote from: Hertz Doughnut on 08 March 2017, 07:37:15 PM

For the PC:
- A sound when I need to make a decision (e.g. start my turn, discard to Militia, grant an undo, etc.)

Also something visual, like changing the color of the border of the box in the center  that says "Waiting for..."  I do not play with sound, and often don't realize that I am called on to react to the opponent's play.

J Reggie

1. The crystal ball when waiting for a match

2. Faux-medieval music

3. An oddly-written story for the campaigns (actual campaigns can wait)

But seriously, keep up the good work. ShuffleiT is awesome!

Stef

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will certainly ask again in a couple of weeks.

These are the things I expect to realize this month:

* sending in-game messages to players
   (mostly to get rid of the misery surrounding familiar cards)
* rated/unrated games (including a leaderboard and more feedback/options for matchmaking)
* smaller releases
* inheritance

Note that the list for 'hope' is a lot longer then 'expect', but I won't be satisfied if it isn't at least this by the end of the month. Also note that this is my personal wishlist, Philip probably has a couple of his own for the client.

About smaller releases... I know that the last release has been a while back now, but unfortunately that isn't because there will be huge improvements in the next. At least not improvements you will be able to notice. The irony is that this release has taken so long because we've been setting up automated deploy-on-commit on the testserver, mixed with some days off and sickness. In the meanwhile the German translation is as good as finished, and the Japanese are working on it.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 10 March 2017, 11:54:18 AM

Wait, what? Sending in-game messages to players is your intended fix for the familiar cards problem? That's just unreal. See this post: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1593.msg5328#msg5328

Any of those things would actually solve the problem. In-game messages is extremely important but it's not going to solve the familiar cards problem. Please just take 5 minutes and fix one of the things I mentioned in that post.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 10 March 2017, 01:30:17 PM

Wait, what? Sending in-game messages to players is your intended fix for the familiar cards problem? That's just unreal. See this post: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1593.msg5328#msg5328

Any of those things would actually solve the problem. In-game messages is extremely important but it's not going to solve the familiar cards problem. Please just take 5 minutes and fix one of the things I mentioned in that post.
I'm hoping/guessing that an automatically opening message about familiar cards will have an effect similar to your suggestion of a splash screen.
Maybe it wasn't clear that I wasn't talking about user-to-user messages, but (for now) only system-to-user messages.
Oh and please keep it friendly.

Hertz Doughnut

Sounds great, Stef!  Backend upgrades like you're talking about don't sound sexy and they're a pain, but they usually make things a lot better down the road.

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about the illness.

Kind regards,
HD

Hertz Doughnut

PS I believe the days off were well deserved. This is an amazing accomplishment for two people!  I hope you go to bed smiling about what you've created. :)

JunkDealer

* rated/unrated games (including a leaderboard and more feedback/options for matchmaking)
* smaller releases
* inheritance

Note that the list for 'hope' is a lot longer then 'expect', but I won't be satisfied if it isn't at least this by the end of the month. Also note that this is my personal wishlist, Philip probably has a couple of his own for the client.

About smaller releases... I know that the last release has been a while back now, but unfortunately that isn't because there will be huge improvements in the next. At least not improvements you will be able to notice. The irony is that this release has taken so long because we've been setting up automated deploy-on-commit on the testserver, mixed with some days off and sickness. In the meanwhile the German translation is as good as finished, and the Japanese are working on it.

Hooray!  An update with an expected timeline and what you've been working on for the next release!  Thank you! 

Please don't let this be an anomaly.  Also please make sure that if something comes up and these expectations aren't likely to be met that you communicate it out as soon as you figure it out.  Messages like this give me great hope for this product.  Keep up the good work.  This message is a huge improvement in itself.  Again, thank you!

Cave-O-Sapien

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will certainly ask again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the update!

SirDagen

Thank you for the input, Stef. It over and over enjoy the way you approach the further development of the client and the current situation. Isn't it nice to have somebody really care for their product. Thank you all.
Greetings,
SirDagen

ravi

* smaller releases
* inheritance

Shouldn't you out this in its own thread under announcements rather than (or in addition to)  deep down here?

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 10 March 2017, 02:58:09 PM
I'm hoping/guessing that an automatically opening message about familiar cards will have an effect similar to your suggestion of a splash screen.
Maybe it wasn't clear that I wasn't talking about user-to-user messages, but (for now) only system-to-user messages.

Yes, this would solve the issue. I think it's a needed part of whatever final "first-game experience" you present to new users.

User-to-user messages are still extremely important, though.

Quote from: Stef on 10 March 2017, 02:58:09 PM
Oh and please keep it friendly.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Like, I'm not being sarcastic here. I re-read every post I've made in the past month and haven't found a single thing I've said that wasn't 100% friendly to you or anyone else. Please elaborate.

MaartenRobinson

Quote from: kn1tt3r on 01 March 2017, 05:40:07 PM
My Top 3 would be:

- Make game playable without log (not that important for ME, but it's essential for the casual player)
- Implement the missing cards
- Add leaderboard

But without the log ... for some situations, you don't know what you've got or what you should do .... perhaps more visuals for these.

JW

If you click "need help" in the game client it takes you to the "Support" forum. However, that forum does not contain Chris is me's great unofficial guide (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1100.0), which is in the "How to Play" forum. I'd suggest adding a stickied link to Chris's post in the "Support" forum as well.