Allow saving of sets of kingdom cards

Previous topic - Next topic

jaina8851

Currently, if I'm in the middle of a game where cards were selected randomly, I have to take a screenshot in the middle of the game if I want to save the set. If I forget to do this, the game ends, and I have no way to get back into the game to record the cards. This makes me sad! I often play against people online or with the robot, and would love to replay a fun set with my partner or a friend. I wish there was a button on the "end game" screen to say "save this combination of kingdom cards for a future game?" and a way to retrieve a list of them later...

Martin plays Piano

Hi Jaina,

please try this as a workaround from Icehawk.
It helps me a lot to repeat kingdom cards after a finished game.

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1380.msg

It might not be exactly the same thing you are looking for, because it doesn't archive kingdom sets for all times to be re-played later on, but it gives you the chance to have a closer look on the kingdom after the game has ended.

Have fun
Rachmaninoff

Ingix

@jaina8851: You only need to write down the game number (it is displayed in the lower right part of the screen, like: "game #123456 on Tokyo"). Later you can come back and reload the game when you open a new table, as explained here:

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1495.0.

If you choose decision 0, you will be right at the start of the game and can immediately start (not sure if you will have the same starting hands as before). But at least you can see your kingdom.

Feel free to ask if you need something explained, this isn't the most user friendly process at the moment.

jaina8851

Thanks for the tips!! That definitely is an improvement over trying to grab screenshots.

I still would love a more user-friendly process in the future, since the game number doesn't indicate what cards were actually in there. I'm imagining some kind of "saved kingdoms" screen that has the card faces all lined up, similar to what the bottom of the screen looks like when you are choosing kingdoms. But, I'm glad that there are workarounds for now!

SkyHard

Quote from: jaina8851 on 06 March 2017, 04:42:09 PM
I still would love a more user-friendly process in the future, since the game number doesn't indicate what cards were actually in there. I'm imagining some kind of "saved kingdoms" screen that has the card faces all lined up, similar to what the bottom of the screen looks like when you are choosing kingdoms. But, I'm glad that there are workarounds for now!

It is planned. Stef wrote that "it is not very userfriend yet". So there should come more that way ;)