Playing with friends only

Previous topic - Next topic

Technohippy

If I have two logged in friends what are the steps I need to perform so that I can create a table and have only them join me?

I do not want a third party to be able to jump in.

Thanks,
TH

Mic Qsenoch

If you've added each other to your "Friend List", go to "New Table" -> "Create Table" -> "Advanced Options" and change the 'Allow spectators' option to 'Friends only'. Also make sure to increase 'Max players' to 3.

If they go to their "Matching" tab they should be able to join your table, and people who aren't on your Friend List won't be able to.

There's no way currently to be more specific in the restrictions, i.e. you can't choose two specific players, you can just limit joining to all your Friends.

AdamH

There really needs to be a way to chat with your friends in the game without being at the same table. It would make this workaround actually viable.

Technohippy

Thanks you. I would not have thought this option would work in the way you describe. I will try it.

My husband and I want to play with our nephew. He is a doctor on call and may have to leave the game at a moment's notice. This way we can play with him and we will be understanding of an abrupt termination of the game.

SkyHard

Quote from: AdamH on 04 March 2017, 06:44:29 PM
There really needs to be a way to chat with your friends in the game without being at the same table. It would make this workaround actually viable.

If I understood it correctly, there is not need for the chat because it would be a workaround and would get changed anyhow. Or was it the reason they don't want a global chat?

AdamH

I'm not talking about a global chat. I'm talking about a way to send direct messages to people on your friends list through the client. If I see that my friend is logged in but not at a table, maybe I want to send them a message and see if they're at their computer and they want to play a game with me, for example.

twasa

I agree with this. I have my husband as a friend and can just talk to him outside of the site if I wanted to play. But, we also may have internet friends that we cannot communicate with outside of the game. Asking them to play, can be difficult.

SkyHard

Quote from: AdamH on 06 March 2017, 03:07:07 PM
I'm not talking about a global chat. I'm talking about a way to send direct messages to people on your friends list through the client. If I see that my friend is logged in but not at a table, maybe I want to send them a message and see if they're at their computer and they want to play a game with me, for example.

Ah ok. Sorry I misunderstood you. (Yes, that is also missing...)