Game won't end with three empty piles

Previous topic - Next topic

ElisabetK

I lazily ran up the score on a 6 person game - no one seemed to have enough money to buy Provinces, so I bought out Estates to end the game.

But the game didn't end, even though there were three empty piles. It continued to my next turn. Maybe I'm missing some rule, but I don't remember this ever happening.

Right about that time I had to leave for a while, so I shut my laptop. Now that I'm back, it took several times to load Dominion again, but once loaded it keeps going back to being my "extra" turn. If I end that turn, it freezes. I reload, and it goes back to being my extra turn, and the same thing happens.

I'd like to end that game so I can play another one. Obviously there's a bug in that the game didn't end with my emptying the third pile, and also that it freezes when I try taking the extra turn.

ElisabetK

Update: right after I wrote this I went back and it let me continue playing. Turn 57 I emptied the Chapel pile (it's slow when Bandits have trashed everything bigger than copper) and the game ended. Yeah! Turns were very, very slow though.

Maybe you need to empty four piles with six players?

jsh

Yes, games with more than 4 players end on 4 piles.